October 20, 2006

One lump please




Happy Friday!

I'm so excited the benefit that I have been working on for months is finally here. Tomorrow will be the first annual Breast cancer benefit for LPP. Since joining the group as a volunteer they have asked me to be on the board. I am so flattered and excited to be apart of this big movement to raise breast cancer awareness. I've never served on a board.

The event will be held at a winery. There will be wine tasting, food, excellent raffle items and a silent auction. I hope to bid on a package and win. I phrase it as if it is a win and not like we are paying for it. I like this better! It's fun to *win* stuff.

We have hit some snags along the way, donations smaller then we originally were promised. Things we forgot to consider, but I think it will be a perfect day. What can you do though? You have to be grateful that people can donate.

I hope the event goes off and everything is great. My friend Nichol and her family will be attending and of course she is my reason for getting involved. We'll also be celebrating her birthday. My mom and aunt are traveling down from Nevada and YaYa will join the fun to. As well as our closest friends.

Hope you all have a great weekend. I plan to be back to regular posting and myself, after some sleep ,relaxation and all that good stuff.

I will be going to this lovely place on Sunday with my family for High Tea. I can't wait. They also include champagne and choclate covered strawberries in the tea service. I've never been. This is also where
this movie was filmed.
Our friends were married there a few years back.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! That sounds like a great benefit and such an honor! How exciting!

I hope everything goes as planned!

=hugs=
Dana

October 20, 2006 12:28 PM  
Blogger hotdrwife said...

What a great weekend planned!! Have fun! (and I'm jealous!)

October 20, 2006 2:23 PM  
Blogger The G Family said...

I am really looking forward to this event. Thank you for dedicating yourself to something that means so much to me, you are the best!

xoxo!

October 20, 2006 4:30 PM  
Blogger amanda said...

Have a fabulous time at Tea. Those are always so much fun. :)

October 20, 2006 9:45 PM  
Blogger Fizzgig said...

The benefit sounds fun, hope you had a good turnout!

Good movie! That'll be neat to be in a 'famous' place.

October 23, 2006 9:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Designed by www.troll-babygraphics.com

email is fun

hhmomma

Image hosting by Photobucket

the latest

Transparent
Pumpkin de-light
gettin my sexy back
It's official-Final Chapter
HotHouseKitty
yanking my chain
Day Deux-The Panic Room
Day One of Cruise-liquids & partying
happy hump day
Who's your daddy?

old school

blogs that make me smile

the rings

credits

Designed by Troll Baby Graphics