October 05, 2006

Day One of Cruise-liquids & partying




Day one of Cruise

HHH and I are packed(one suitcase) and ready to get to the airport. We are picked up at our house by our cab driver about 20 minutes early. (why do we feel it unneccessary to wear seatbelts in cabs/buses)

Usually the cab driver arriving early would be a tiny problem, but since we weren't traveling with the kids, we were ready. Cool.

Get to airport with ample time. We know in advance that they have cleared passengers to carry on 3 ounces or less of liquids. I have perfume spritzer in my purse.Our turn to go through security.( they have a pre-security check for liquids) I have 3 ounces of perfume, but apparently it 's necessary to have all clear liquids in a plastic bag. Since I do not happen to have a box of glad sammich bags with me. HHMomma disposes of perfume. Understanding the reason why. Sad that my almost full bottle of perfume is laying in bottom of a sad garbage can at the airport.

Flight was without incident. If you include the fact that HHHubby was sitting next to a man that clearly was in need of a bigger seat (they are built for small people) when flying Every time I glanced at HHHubby I laughed to myself. They looked like Abbot and Costello sitting next to one another. I obviously am only making fun of the slender build of my hubby.

We fly into LAX and are on the boat by 2:30. I love it. Bride and Groom show up soon thereafter. Sun is shining, music is playing and everyone is smiling.

Meet at bar. Enjoy very tasty and potent libations. One. HHMomma buzzing around.
Next stop is cocktail party given by grooms parents. More drinking and food.
Everything is great. Bride ordered ice sculpture of the letter "B" for party. Sitting on table with it's back turned is a ice carving of a Indian with full head dress. Hm.

Hang out until Midnight, dinner, bars, piano bars, mingling, having fun. Trying to count exactly how many people are wearing Teva's with white socks.

HHhubby is going to meet up with dudes. The Bride and I are calling it a night.

Time to go to room. (sidenote: I have consumed two drinks since arriving on boat)
Walking down empty hallway to room.

This is where things get really fuzzy.

More tomorrow.

3 Comments:

Blogger Fizzgig said...

Heck yea, but drinking and walking can be hazardous too...especially on a boat.

October 05, 2006 8:48 AM  
Blogger The G Family said...

I still can't figure out how they mixed up the B sculpture with an Indian head....Hummm, maybe that person had 2 drinks as well. Haaa..

October 05, 2006 9:26 AM  
Blogger Becca said...

when you read tommorrow post you will see that I wasnt drunk.

the indian was funny.

October 05, 2006 3:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Designed by www.troll-babygraphics.com

email is fun

hhmomma

Image hosting by Photobucket

the latest

happy hump day
Who's your daddy?
moons over my hammy
shaken?
"That's one small step for man, one giant leap for...
cruising and boozing
Just do it
going to have you naked by the end of this
mixed bag o'crap
Mc-Seabiscuit

old school

blogs that make me smile

the rings

credits

Designed by Troll Baby Graphics