September 27, 2006

cruising and boozing












I'm doing both very soon. This Friday to be exact. HHhubby and I will be taking our very first cruise. Hopefully,HHH will be able to get around a little better after recovering from his surgery. If not, I will throw him in a wheelchair and send him to play shuffle board. No. I won't do that. I would push his chair up to the bar.

The reason we are going on this cruise if to lend a hand in celebration to my high school/college bud who is getting married in Mexico. FIESTA! The wedding will take place on Saturday in off the boat in Mexico at a private estate. I can't wait to make a complete ass out of myself and swerve down the aisle. No, just kidding B. I'll leave that up to errr you or someone else.

I can't wait for this adventure. Though I am a teeny-tiny bit nervous about the motion in the ocean. Will I be sick?

I've heard so many stories about feeling sea sick and just don't know what I will be feeling. I'm here to try out my sea legs. But you ain't got no legs, Lieutenant Dan.

Truth of the matter is, what can you do. Pack the right stuff and hang on tight.

A college friend of mine went on a cruise for her honeymoon. Well more like a makeshift boat to take her from one island to the next. Some how she ended up feeling a little green and in all her hotness, with liquid coming out both ends. She was laying on the most unsanitary floor you've ever seen. She said she didnt care if she just laid there and begged for mercy. She would sit on the pot and then to need to relieve her mouth and try and change places and ended up just making a huge mess in the bathroom. They wrapped up their honeymoon but not before, her poor hubby had to carry her 6 bags off the boat . She packed light.

Sounds like a sight that need not be repeated.

Don't let it be me. I swear the purse was on sale.

Regardless, I 'm really looking forward to this trip. HHhubby and I will also be meeting an "old friend" of mine at LAX. Shoot me now for flying into LAX, but the choices were limited.

From LAX we are going to share a cab with the "old friend" and his wife to the boat. This old friend happens to be the man who lent a hand in mine and the brides demise in college. We affectionately refer to this man as Bar-boy. BB was our favorite guy who worked at the Normal Street Bar in Chico, CA, where we went to college. We went to college at Chico State and not the Normal Street Bar. I guess they are synonymous is some respects.

Me & Bridezilla could always count on BB to serve up something good ever Thursday. Then again whatever day of the week beckoned a tasty libation. This bar was also well equipted with the one and only, Miss Pac Man. I swear we had the high score and don't even try and put your quarters down because we are playing all night.

Don't make me set down my brick cell phone.

Well it has been 10 years since I have seen Bar boy. Let's just say the last time I saw him, wasn't one of my finer moments. He was rescuing me from a frat house. We'll leave it at that. It will be fun to rendevous and talk about the old times. Or maybe not so much, since my hubby will be there. Well of course I have nothing to hide. (blush)

Bon voyage....only 2 more days

5 Comments:

Blogger amanda said...

Sounds like fun! My husband and I had always planned on a cruise to the Galapagos Islands. Maybe someday I'll get to go. Until then, have a great time and I'll be living vicariously through you!

September 26, 2006 7:25 PM  
Blogger Fizzgig said...

Have a great time on your trip! I've never been on a cruise. I'm afraid of sharks. My good friend went on an Alaskan cruise, she said you don't even notice your moving, she was on that boat for a week. You should be fine. Bon Voyage!

September 27, 2006 6:25 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

You'll be A-OK on the ship, HHM.

They are very stable, and besides, there's too much fun to be had to be thinking about funny tummy.

Have a great time!

September 27, 2006 8:29 AM  
Blogger Becca said...

amanda-you still have to make that trip-when your ready
mon-sharks are not my friend
wombat-good stuff, yes no funny tummy
kailani-I will let you know what I think, put it on your life list

September 28, 2006 12:04 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I went on a carribean cruise. I got sick and had to fly home from Puerto Rico. I saw Howie from the Backstreet Boys in the aeropuerto, OH MY GOSH, totally worth it!

September 28, 2006 4:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Designed by www.troll-babygraphics.com

email is fun

hhmomma

Image hosting by Photobucket

the latest

Just do it
going to have you naked by the end of this
mixed bag o'crap
Mc-Seabiscuit
I did not have relations
I do
dreaming of love
feeling like a shit parent
Photographic moments
go climb a rock

old school

blogs that make me smile

the rings

credits

Designed by Troll Baby Graphics