September 22, 2006

Mc-Seabiscuit

Do ever joke around about McDonalds or any of their predecessors serving up horse meat?

As a child I did make frequent comments about the burgers likeness to some foregin meat product. Probably not fully understanding what it truly meant to eat horse meat. Maybe even as an adult I've considered this when served strange meat surpirse like portions. Beef Jerkey is another scary product. Have you read the packaging before?

Recently I read that Willie Nelson not only likes to smoke some weed but he likes them horses. Horses are his friends and pets. What he doesn't agree with is serving up horse meat for a meal.

Horse meat in considered a delicacy and quite affordable in places like France and Japan. Though horse meat is not illegal in the United States, it 's considered taboo to nosh on the Black Stallion.

Recently, there have been problems with pilfering of pet horses from farms. The horses are stolen and then sent off to slaughter. Most of the time for a mere payoff of $400.

HHmomma doesn't think she would like to eat horse meat. Although, I 'm not a vegetarian I sometimes have a hard enough time with meat in general. It depends on how it is prepared and served.

You up for a horsemeat burger?

8 Comments:

Blogger theWatchList said...

I'm picky about meats too. Rare only please.

I have eaten a number of different types of delicious (and not so delicious) animals. I don't think I have run across any horse in my time though. I say if it tastes good, it was meant to be.

September 22, 2006 5:18 PM  
Blogger Marcia said...

In Paris around the 1950s, they had a taste test between horse meat and cow meet... and the horse meat won.

It still grosses me out, though.

September 22, 2006 5:33 PM  
Blogger Heather @ thedomesticdiva.org said...

im not a vegetarian either but sometimes im just not into the meat. I'd much rather fill up on mac and cheese than eat the meat for that meal. I've always been that way and I don't know why. Just some days I'm feeling it and somedays Im not.

September 22, 2006 7:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh. I'm eating a Sausauge McMuffin as I read this and now I'm not so sure I want to finish eating it!

*LOL*

September 23, 2006 6:09 AM  
Blogger hotdrwife said...

I grew up on a farm and will always be okay eating meat. But horse meat?? NO, NO and NO.

Sidenote: Did you SEE the stash Willie had on his bus when he got busted recently? Seriously. POUNDS of pot. It was impressive. ANd not a single person on that bus under the age of 50. Think you can still see it on The Smoking Gun website.

September 23, 2006 8:23 PM  
Blogger amanda said...

eewwww...NO! Although I really don't eat much meat at all, unless it's chicken or fish/seafood. I grew up on a farm and had serious issues with knowing who I was eating.

September 23, 2006 8:50 PM  
Blogger Becca said...

tracy-i've never had the square
watchlist-your brave
marcia- did you taste it?
She- I to love pasta and agree with the meat stuff
Dana- I bet it was still good.
HDW- I have to go check out the stash, going now
Amanda, yeah eating some animal you pet, would be hard

September 24, 2006 9:42 PM  
Blogger Becca said...

that is so funny. Meooow and making animal noises. They'll grow up totally normal

September 25, 2006 9:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Designed by www.troll-babygraphics.com

email is fun

hhmomma

Image hosting by Photobucket

the latest

I did not have relations
I do
dreaming of love
feeling like a shit parent
Photographic moments
go climb a rock
making jewelry
wordless wednesday
They're taking over
life list

old school

blogs that make me smile

the rings

credits

Designed by Troll Baby Graphics