September 20, 2006

I do

Three years ago today I was preparing for my wedding . I had no jitters, no last minute concerns. Just a dreamy calm about me. Maybe it was the champagne; really I think it was more about what was waiting for me at the end of the aisle.

I couldn't have asked for a more perfect day. Circled by family and friends. The sun was shining and the happiness was nippy in the air. All set to marry the most loving, kind, generous man I've know. The one who I can look into this eyes and love everything about him. Everything.

This past weekend when we were in Tahoe we stopped by our wedding location. My friend Nichol and her hubby weren't able to attend our nuptials. I wanted to show her and tell her all about our wedding day.

We drove up and the whole site was under construction and what appeared to be the original area of our wedding was mere rocks and dirt. Not the lush green grass that I remember.

What happened? All I could think was how can this be? The sign indicates we are at the right location. Prior to our wedding they had undegone a complete remodel. Why would they demolish everything ? The current construction was for new homes. Maybe the land was to valuable for a golf course.

Nothing made sense. So we took our picture in front of the only thing remaining the construction workers outhouse.

We drive back to my parents hours baffled. I tell my parents about the demolition with disdain.

Guess what.

We were at the wrong place. The golf course purchased additional land less then a mile up the road and named it identical to our wedding site.

The wedding location is still there! Yippee. Now we have to plan another trip just so we can go to the right place.

Happy Anniversary, HHhubby!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
i carry your heart with me

i carry your heart with me(i carry it in my heart)
i am never without it (anywhere go you go,my dear; and whatever is doneby only me is your doing,my darling) i fear no fate(for you are my fate,my sweet) i want no world(for beautiful you are my world,my true) and it's you are whatever a moon has always maintained whatever a sun will always sing is you're is the deepest secret nobody knows (here is the root of the root and the bud of the budand the sky of the sky of a tree called life;which growshigher than the soul can hope or mind can hide) and this is the wonder that's keeping the stars aparti carry your heart(i carry it in my heart) ee cummings

8 Comments:

Blogger kyrie said...

wow! it doesn't seem like it has been three years. that is so crazy. I remember going on the "go-go" with uncle rudy and driving by the golf course. such an amazing day for an amazing couple. love you both.

September 19, 2006 9:44 PM  
Blogger Jeri said...

It was the best wedding ever!!! I was laughing to myself yesterday as I drove by the actual wedding site and the newer area and your bafflement at the whole thing!!! cracked me up!!!

September 19, 2006 10:30 PM  
Blogger Heather @ thedomesticdiva.org said...

Happy Anniversary!

September 20, 2006 6:46 AM  
Blogger Fizzgig said...

AHHH happy anniversary! That would have been really sad if they put an outhouse on your wedding location.

September 20, 2006 8:41 AM  
Blogger The G Family said...

Happy Anniversary to you guys! I still can't believe we were at the wrong place but, like you said, that just gives us a reason to go back. We'll have to get a picture next time of you guys at the actual location not in front of the outhouse that I have a picture of you in front of on my site.

September 20, 2006 11:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy 3rd Anniversary and may you have many more anniversaries to cherish & enjoy *hugs*.

September 21, 2006 10:26 PM  
Blogger Becca said...

thank you all so much for the well wishes!

September 22, 2006 12:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary! I hope you had a wonderful day, and a wonderful trip -- and I'm glad to know the wedding site is still there!

September 23, 2006 6:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Designed by www.troll-babygraphics.com

email is fun

hhmomma

Image hosting by Photobucket

the latest

dreaming of love
feeling like a shit parent
Photographic moments
go climb a rock
making jewelry
wordless wednesday
They're taking over
life list
My Skepski
In honor of Michael Trinidad

old school

blogs that make me smile

the rings

credits

Designed by Troll Baby Graphics