September 25, 2006

mixed bag o'crap

This weekend was both long and semi-serene. HHhubby underwent a minor surgical procedure last week. This was his first time under a general and was having concerns about the procedure itself. He did well and only tried to tell a few senseless jokes in the recovery room. After we got HHhubby home, it took him awhile to realize he was heavily medicated. Once he realized this and felt some pain he went promplty to his room and slept.

When he was awake he kept me busy by ringing his little bell. Calling out lovingly for me. Ding-Ding. This went on last week and most of the weekend. Since HHhubby isn't able to physically pick up the HHkids, or really move around HHmomma has been pulling the weight. Which is a-ok. I know he would do the same for me and probably with much more enthusiasm.

HHhubby is a good patient and I a good wife, as I sported my cheeky nurse outfit while adminstering meds and whilst sponge bathing him. I likened myself to Nurse Ratched.
HHhubby doesn't find the humor in this analogy. It's better then Kathy Bates character in Misery.

Juicy Tidbits of this Yenta's weekend

1) Purchased new bag on Saturday. Definition of bag: meaning carry on for airplane. Apparently I travel a lot. Strangely enough this bag purchase was in addition to the new suitcase.

HHhubby inquired as to what was in "the bag" that was hiding in a corner behind a target bag.
HHmomma: no response. What hiding bag? (for informational purposes only "the bag" was in plain site)
HHhubby: mentioned that we'll talk later about this purchase.

3) Took HHboy to kids- fair in a very sunny place. Where the only shade is under santa's belly. I was dressed perfect for the weather. Jeans.

HHmomma and HHboy ran into an old boyfriend. To which I quickly turned and walked the other way. I'm not sure if seeing him for the first time in 4-5 years freaked me out or the fact that he had on black socks with shorts. Either way, we ran.

As we are making our way out of the fair, HHMomma reaches into her purse to find keys. Feeling something cold. No. No. Not cold. Yes, more like wet. Yes, that's it WET. Inside my purse .
This is interesting. Wet inside my purse. Apparently, HHboy returned his bottled water to my purse with the sports lid still ajar.

Sigh. Houston we have a problem.

Let's see what I can pull out of my 3 month old Marc Jacobs hobo bag (brand included just so you can get an idea of how I'm SO not upset about the ruined bag). Ohhh, my phone, my camera, my wallet and checkbook. Nothing to important.


The phone works and the wallet was salvaged as for the rest. Tomorrow will tell.

HHhubby had a brilliant pain killer induced idea. Since the bottom of my bag has water marks in the leather, he suggested that maybe I get the whole bag wet then we wouldn't notice the water stains.

Yes, he did.

How was your weekend?

6 Comments:

Blogger Elleoz said...

I hope that HHhubby feels better real soon. And you get a chance to take a break for your sanity.

September 25, 2006 6:55 AM  
Blogger Fizzgig said...

I always run when I see people I 'use to know' in public. No shame in that! About your purse...I'm sorry to hear that! I'd have a breakdown.

September 25, 2006 7:01 AM  
Blogger amanda said...

Ha...Eric always used to call me Nurse Ratched when I was being a stickler about his care.

I'm sorry about your bag...but hey, HHubby's suggestion is worth a try, huh?

Keep us posted...

September 25, 2006 7:43 AM  
Blogger kyrie said...

haha, Barry is hilarious. Don't tell him that though... we don't want it getting to his head. he is already cocky enough around me. thinking he can beat me up. little does he know what i've been up to.
sounds like an interesting weekend. But hey, at least you never knew what was coming ;0)

September 25, 2006 11:15 AM  
Blogger Dolores said...

hahaha, sounds like a man's idea to salvage the purse........so you won't have to "buy" another! HA
So, who was the old beau?? Just curious..........

September 25, 2006 1:03 PM  
Blogger Becca said...

sue- that is crazy about the profile. Maybe he had black sock on to.
el-thanks I think I will really soon.
Mon, I am trying to act like it was just a purse. How am I doing?
amanda, good Im not the only one
kyrie & do- you know who? haaaa anyway yeah that hhhubby

September 25, 2006 9:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Designed by www.troll-babygraphics.com

email is fun

hhmomma

Image hosting by Photobucket

the latest

Mc-Seabiscuit
I did not have relations
I do
dreaming of love
feeling like a shit parent
Photographic moments
go climb a rock
making jewelry
wordless wednesday
They're taking over

old school

blogs that make me smile

the rings

credits

Designed by Troll Baby Graphics