October 06, 2006

Day Deux-The Panic Room













I step off the elevator and say my good byes. Gingerly walk down the empty and mute hallway back to my room. If you've ever been on a cruise or have seen Titanic you know that every room and hallway boast identical. As I survey the area around me, a touch of panic comes over me. Am I on the right part of the ship.The boat was rocking back and forth, so much so that you couldn't keep a balance.

I'm so quick that I discover the obvious and look at the room numbers and realize I 'm on the right side of the ship. I put my room key (sea pass) in the credit card slot and enter my room. Once I 'm settled in my room, I turn on the TV, Devil Wears Prada is showing. I half heartedly crack up because Franco from Rescue Me plays a effeminate fashion designer in one part. I change into a tank top and panties.
I 'm not feeling well. The room feels small. There is not enough air. I try to clear my head. The more I try to clear my head the more my chest tightens. Where is everyone? I have no idea what anyone's room numbers are.
Maybe I will go find HHHubby.
I can't get up.
I can't breath.
I feel sick.
I am pacicking. Hyperventling.
Crying.
Trying to concentrate and put on clothes.
Crying. trying to breath, the room is spinning.
I vomit.
HHhubby comes back.
Drunk.
He saves me.
He calms me down and we walk upstairs to get fresh air.
The view is heavenly. Weather is warm. I try to take it in.
I inhale. I feel safe.
Can I walk back down the hall? I do and wonder how I am going to make it through the remaning days of this cruise.
Just breathe.

5 Comments:

Blogger Fizzgig said...

ohhh I hope your sea sickness didn't last. That would be awful feeling 'trapped' like that.

October 06, 2006 5:51 AM  
Blogger The G Family said...

I am having the feeling like I did when I read James Frey's books...I feel panic reading this...Luckily I know how it all turns out. Uhhh, not a good feeling especially on a boat at sea....

October 06, 2006 9:24 AM  
Blogger SureMedia Press said...

Hi becca, you have interesting blog here, ppl love to see your "momma" house :)

Thx for letting my womendiary blog rent your space, happy blogging and wait for your back link :)

October 06, 2006 11:34 AM  
Blogger Becca said...

Mon- I did find my sea legs
NG-His books were hard to read at some points.
Wd- thanks and your welcome
kal-No drunky, just very sea sick

October 06, 2006 1:40 PM  
Blogger hotdrwife said...

It takes a bit to get used to, that's for sure! I'm guessing by now you are better. Hang in there!

October 07, 2006 8:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Designed by www.troll-babygraphics.com

email is fun

hhmomma

Image hosting by Photobucket

the latest

Day One of Cruise-liquids & partying
happy hump day
Who's your daddy?
moons over my hammy
shaken?
"That's one small step for man, one giant leap for...
cruising and boozing
Just do it
going to have you naked by the end of this
mixed bag o'crap

old school

blogs that make me smile

the rings

credits

Designed by Troll Baby Graphics