October 12, 2006

Pumpkin de-light

I don't generally post recipes here. Mostly, because well I just don't. If you are looking for a quick and yummy dessert to make this holiday season this is it. The bomb. HHmomma doesn't usually care for pumpkin pie, but this I will mange. In fact I'm making it tonight for some friends.

Pumpkin Crunch Cake
PREP TIME
15 Min
COOK TIME
1 Hr
READY IN
1 Hr 15 Min


INGREDIENTS
1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree (can pumpkin)
1 (12 fluid ounce) can evaporated milk
4 eggs
1 1/2 cups white sugar
2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
1 teaspoon salt
1 (18.25 ounce) package yellow cake mix
1 cup chopped pecans
1 cup margarine, melted
1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
DIRECTIONS
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease one 9x13 inch baking pan.
In a large bowl, combine pumpkin, evaporated milk, eggs, sugar, pumpkin pie spice, and salt. Mix well, and spread into the prepared pan.
Sprinkle cake mix over the top of the pumpkin mixture, and pat down. Sprinkle chopped pecans evenly over the cake mix, then drizzle with melted margarine.
Bake for 60 to 80 minutes, or until done. Top with whipped topping when ready to serve

5 Comments:

Blogger Glamorous Redneck said...

Oooh! That sounds delish! Like it wouldn't have that icky consistency of pumpkin pie. I love the taste of pumpkin, just HATE the texture of the pie!

October 13, 2006 12:11 PM  
Blogger amanda said...

That sounds really tasty. I'll have to make it with the kids at work some weekend this month. Cake is always a good thing.

October 13, 2006 9:54 PM  
Blogger Elleoz said...

Sounds yummy! I might just have to try it!

Happy C&C Monday!

October 16, 2006 10:08 AM  
Blogger Erin said...

now that does sound great! I'm not usually the type that actually writes down the recipe I see, but in this case I will make an exception :)

October 16, 2006 6:00 PM  
Blogger carrie said...

That pumpkin cake recipe is to die for!!! We call it Pumpkin Pudding Cake, but it's the same recipe! Yum-0.

Love your blog, it cracks me up!

Carrie

October 17, 2006 12:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Designed by www.troll-babygraphics.com

email is fun

hhmomma

Image hosting by Photobucket

the latest

gettin my sexy back
It's official-Final Chapter
HotHouseKitty
yanking my chain
Day Deux-The Panic Room
Day One of Cruise-liquids & partying
happy hump day
Who's your daddy?
moons over my hammy
shaken?

old school

blogs that make me smile

the rings

credits

Designed by Troll Baby Graphics