December 12, 2006

Mixing the bubbles

The weekend was off to a strange start.

Thursday we had place to meet Lisa at the park. Her and her daughter had been on holiday for two weeks, so it was time. I was up extra early to get to the gym. Kids were in the child care. Everything went great. Hop in the car showered and ready to meet our friends. Stop by the house to grab lunch for the kids.

Kids are safely in car seats in the garage. I run upstairs to grab their lunch. Come back down.
HHgirl throws up all over herself. It's running out her nose. Poor lovie.

This is one of those: where do you start scenarios. We end up staying put. She has three baths this day. Poor little mamma.

The next day she seemed to be feeling better. For which I am grateful.

We missed HHboy musical debut at school. But we just didn't want to risk spreading the love or what ever HHgirl had.

Friday: We had a going away party in the city. It worked out that we were fortunate enough to find a sitter on short notice. The party was a lot of fun. Lots of fancy food, in fact they had mini Kobe beef burgers. I don't think I've ever had Kobe beef, they had just a ton of fun and tasty bites. The cocktails were also flowing.

I was not driving.

I was offered many Bellini's.

I failed to have self discipline.

I paid dearly.

Just for the record I even rotated water in between drinks.

Friday night, HHgirl wakes up because she was sick again. (At least this is what HHhubby told me. I was asleep) whoops.

Then we had a birthday party early the next day. I was dragging but we made our way over. Me and the HHboy.

Next day I was worthless. I hate that feeling.

Saturday night we had our friends over to visit and order in. You know those moments when you are with friends and you realize how long it has been since you have seen one another and how you need to make more of an effort to get together.

We'll we were having that moment, when HHboy against his own will threw up all over the kids play room.

I can hear the bath water running in the back ground.

Just as we had him cleaned up and he sweetly crawled up onto my lap, I was doused in something special.

Poor HHboy.

I think this was when our friends said, "well thanks for having us over".... haaa

OH and the cutest part was their little guy tried to make a move on our daughter. He went in for the kill to plant a kiss.

Between this and trying tobattle the holiday shopping, wrapping, crowds. This has been our lives.

Yep!

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger kyrie said...

the poor babies. poor cousin. self control becca!! but hey, i guess the holidays are for splurging. ;0)

December 12, 2006 9:34 AM  
Blogger Tracy said...

Aww, it could have been worse. HHgirl could have hurled on the boy when he tried to kiss her! Would have left scars for life! :)

December 12, 2006 11:19 AM  
Blogger Becca said...

He would have never been the same.
I had three glasses of bubbly. Dont know why I couldnt hang!

December 12, 2006 2:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Designed by www.troll-babygraphics.com

email is fun

hhmomma

Image hosting by Photobucket

the latest

it's criminal
heartwrenching
Dog gone it
you know you're hopelessly domesticated when
and so it begins
These boots were made for walking
posterchild
I'm addicted
fluff, turkey and roomie
O Tanenbaum

old school

blogs that make me smile

the rings

credits

Designed by Troll Baby Graphics