December 06, 2006

heartwrenching

There just should have been a better end to this story.
I have been following this story for almost two weeks. It seemed strange to me that the story wasn't in headline news sooner. Once the mother and children were located, they finally were receiving state wide coverage.

This story is heartbreaking to me. I didnt know James Kim or his family, but you can tell by the story that he was just a man that loved his family.


"He was motivated -- I mean, we were having difficulty in there," Anderson said. "That was what has so frustrating; we couldn't seem to get in front of him."

Rescue crews had dropped 18 care packages in the area earlier today, each including clothing, a wool blanket, gloves, waterproof overalls, flares, a flashlight, a hand-warmer and rations. Each package also had a letter from Kim's family, authorities said. The packages were paid for by Kim's father, Spencer Kim, whom Hastings called "a devoted, driven man."

This is a situation where you just wish it would have ended differently. One of those why him moments.

This makes me sad.

6 Comments:

Blogger Kailani said...

Oh my goodness! I'm in tears and I have to leave for work soon. What a sad story and what a courageous man! I also admire Kati for taking care of her daughters in such dire circumstances!

Kailani
http://islandlife808.com

December 07, 2006 2:56 PM  
Blogger Becca said...

This story is very heartbreaking. I'm so glad to hear from you. I thought something went terribly wrong. Now I know the scoop.

December 07, 2006 7:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was so sad when I heard that he died. It's just devastating.

December 08, 2006 4:22 PM  
Blogger hotdrwife said...

We were leaving Oregon when the news broke there. Just awful. And I heard today that vandals busted open the gate so they were driving through unaware. I have been so bothered by this. I feel awful for his family. What an amazing effort.

December 08, 2006 5:45 PM  
Blogger Slackermommy said...

I'm having such a hard time with this story. First off I can't imagine what it must have been like for them being stranded for so long and with so little to eat. Then to hear the father died trying to save his family has resonated with me for days. Such a sad and tragic story. I wish it could have ended better. He was a hero and should be an inspiration to us all. Thank God the mother and children are safe but that poor woman will probably never be the same.

BTW, thanks for renting to me.

December 09, 2006 8:07 AM  
Blogger Becca said...

I couldnt agree more... so tragic and so hard to understand. What an amazing man. This is one of the moments where you wish there was something you could do!

December 09, 2006 2:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Designed by www.troll-babygraphics.com

email is fun

hhmomma

Image hosting by Photobucket

the latest

Dog gone it
you know you're hopelessly domesticated when
and so it begins
These boots were made for walking
posterchild
I'm addicted
fluff, turkey and roomie
O Tanenbaum
deck the halls with wordpress, la la la la la
Loving you is easy

old school

blogs that make me smile

the rings

credits

Designed by Troll Baby Graphics