November 17, 2006

Loving you is easy



because your beautiful! ( or snarky)

I'm so glad it's Friday. This week seemed to mull by dreadfully slow. Slow in the sense that the dreary moments were long. The good moments were short. For no particular reason-just in general. Just a combination of hormones or something of that sort. Action packed, with HHmomma going off the deep end a little. Feeling all self-deprecating and unhappy to be serving as MOMMA COW.

You know those days when you feel like your existence doesn't have anything to do with you as an individual? Yes, that sort of week. It seems that the fog is lifting and the rest of the issues will just have to get worked out. Because I don't do well with downtime.

Lisa and I went to see Russell Crow as Max Skinner in A Good Year. It was strangely predictable. But cute and just the type of chick flick that my mind was requiring. The best part was that the theater was less then 1/2 full. Worth mentioning a solo-strange man sitting behind us getting very comfy. Shoes off. Enough said. Also echoing some seriously excessive seat squeaking. I was afraid to look back. The theater was even kind enough to throw in a long line of light which was vibrating through the middle of the screen. So as you watched the movie, and tried to focus, you were left wondering if you had to much caffeine or acid.

HHboy's school had parent/teacher conferences this week. HHboy is three now, so this is obviously necessary. No really. I enjoy these meetings, we are able to see all of the cute school projects and hear all the great things we already think about our HHboy.
It's strange how when someone is suggesting something to you about your child even with a remote hint of negativity or suggestion of less then stellar development in all aspects. BAM, mommy tiger comes out and I have to protect my little mini.

Example: Maybe he doesn't hold the crayon properly because he is to busy pitching fast ball in the back. We clocked him at 80 miles per hour. Hmmm. Did you think of that?

No. really, school is great for the little ones and they have so much fun.


Last night I met some friends for drinks in Palo Alto. I forgot people actually go out drinking on Thursday nights. The place we had intended on going to was spilling out with singles. There was no parking either. So I called my friend (the other Lisa) and she suggested that I park my car further out and she'll come get me. Excellent.

So I look for parking. She pulls up and just as she does a parking spot opens. In an effort to be very cool and just slip in the air tight curb space- with out pulling forward and then pulling back and then doing so again. I really tried to be quick and even used my back up camera.

Radio to loud- check
on cell phone- check
acting like that girl- check

Hitting construction sign on sidewalk with tire- check
Girls giving me big eyes as I do so- check


No wonder they were giving me worried glances, they were parked behind me!

That's it that all I got! We are going to some friends tomorrow night to see their new pad in the city. They have kids to so , we are cool on that note. It wont' be a museum house!

Have a good weekend! Go see HAPPY FEET!

2 Comments:

Blogger Dolores said...

ah yes, we protect our young!!besides, they grow up way too fast; let them enjoy being a child.

November 19, 2006 10:01 AM  
Blogger Fizzgig said...

Yes, people drink every night. It's amazing to go to a bar during the week and see how many people are out. Does that give away the fact that I've been out during the week too much latley? Oh well.

November 21, 2006 11:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Designed by www.troll-babygraphics.com

email is fun

hhmomma

Image hosting by Photobucket

the latest

Save the Ta Ta's
Bolts & Nuts we got screwed
Pawdicure? Only in S.F.
The eagle has landed
Pea Split
perpetrating & wilson balls
The goods
Trading Spaces
Am I seeing spots?
say what

old school

blogs that make me smile

the rings

credits

Designed by Troll Baby Graphics