November 02, 2006

Am I seeing spots?

Before I forget and her week stay is up, go visit Dana at the Dana Files.

Dana is really sweet and struggling with the choice of transitioning to a stay at home momma with her son, Dawson. I feel like we go way back at least in blog-years. Plus she has a cute template.

Today I had a sweaty experience. The kids have been home sick this week. Today was a little better , so we head out to do some shopping. Really I was in the want mode of two things. One-new bras. Two-new shoes. I want a pair of leopard flats. Now, HHmomma isn't generally an animal print type of person, but lately I want the goods. The spots are sassy and a little touch of animal-passion stuff.
(I really want a zebra rug or chair, too.) So I 'm cruising around the shoe department at Nordstrom.
All I see are 4 inch leopards. This will not do. Must have flats. I ask the sales gal if she can point me in the right direction because the shoe department is the size of a small country.

You know what she shows me? A pair of leopard/tan flats. Which is what I asked for.No worry that the cuteness of shoes are a small fortune. Guess how much? $500. Which equals about $250 per shoe. You didn't know I could math, did you?

Gulp. No leopards for me. I will keep looking. I go on up to the children and lingere department. I wonder if the two some how are synonymous at some point anyway.

I was ready to make a purchase and sorry I have to say I had the stereo typical yupp in front of me. Oblivious of the world outside her beauty. She was shopping while she checked out. Really now. Please make your way to the registesr when you are done shopping. Besides at this moment it needed to be all about me and how I was that mom.

Here I am the stereotypical at home mom. Not looking hot. Showered-semi makeup-semi hair and in sweats. Not even the cute sweats. HHboy is being midly good. Just checking toys out. HHgirl is acting like one flew over the cuckoos nest. Why didn't I bring the stroller? Oh yeah, I was going to just quickly run into Nordstrom and shop. Haaaa, what a fucktard. HHgirl is grabbing every perfectly folded shirt our of the fingerprint free glass cubes, and holding the shirts up over her head , as if she is carrying the olmpypic torch. Her and HHboy are cackling through the whole upstairs. Am I laughing on the inside?
Maybe. But mostly sweating on the outside trying to catch them.

I did get two new bras!

4 Comments:

Blogger Fizzgig said...

Nothing like some new bras to make you happy! Ouch, $500 for shoes. I just don't get that. Their going to get scuffed up and dirty. I guess if you have money to spare, why not.

November 03, 2006 6:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HHM!! Thanks for the shout out, deary! I adore you and you're readers do too!

I want leopard print shoes, too! I hate bra shopping, they are so expensive and some of them don't even hold things up right!

November 03, 2006 9:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well this is a post I can totally relate to. On the days where I pretend I am a stay at home mom (the days when I should be at my computer at home) I try and take my little 8 month old to the mall. I always end up at the Nordstom's bathroom - nursing or changing a blowout, buying unnecesary items to calm a fussy baby, and then catch a glimpse of me in the mirrors and high-tail it out of there afraid of the image always thinking - I used to be cute. :)

November 03, 2006 9:42 AM  
Blogger Becca said...

Bra's are way to pricey. I mean usesful and I think I finally found the right bra!
ES- How funny. The life of mom hood sometimes doesnt leave us looking our best. This week I must have changed my shirt 5 times, apparently I looked like a nose wipe.

November 03, 2006 10:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Designed by www.troll-babygraphics.com

email is fun

hhmomma

Image hosting by Photobucket

the latest

say what
Leo-lollipop
Dress up?
Madonna & Malawi
Happy Halloween
Pillow talk, or something like that
Postal
One lump please
Transparent
Pumpkin de-light

old school

blogs that make me smile

the rings

credits

Designed by Troll Baby Graphics