October 30, 2006

Leo-lollipop

We went to Sacramento to visit the in-laws over the weekend. The kids had a ton of fun and were covered in dirt and snot, head to toe. On Saturday morning the HHkids were over at the neighbors house with the grandparents. They walked by a garage sale and to their delight something caught their eyes. So we caved into the wants of our spawn and purchased one of these for HHBoy. His cousins have two matching pink ones and he has been wanting one since he saw theirs. We explained that our backyard was not big enough. His suggestion: we should move. HHboy barely stopped driving it around, but to sleep. HHgirl was to cute, as she climbed in the jeep and threw her arm around the back of the seat, like she had cruised in a jeep a few times before. Considering these jeeps sell for about $200, we were happy to make the purchase second hand. Can you imagine $200?

That night the in-laws offered to babysit the HHkids, so of course we took them up on their offer. We decided to go see a movie, The Departed. Very much a boys club movie, but really good. A typical Martin S. movie.
The one element that threw me off a bit. Was how good Leonardo DiCaprio was looking. He must have grown into his head and lifted some weights. For someone who is not generally attracted to him, he was looking tasty.He also played his character very well in the flick. I was totally paying attention to his skills too.
The movie had lots of A-listers and there were some hilarious one liners. Thumbs up.


I have vowed the next two weeks to get organized. How b-o-ring does that sound? Very boring and necessary. For someone who is generally organized with paperwork etc, that is not really the case lately.

I also plan on posting some photos of the jewelry I've been creating, but our camera won't download photos. Something with the USB port. Hopefully HHhubby can get on that task this week.

Tomorrow's Halloween, we plan to take the kids to get some "sugars". Then we'll *discuss* each night for the next month about why HHboy can't eat all the sugars. I love this time of year!!! HHboy's buddy in school is going to be a Jockey for Halloween, how dang cute is that!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh boy! His first ride. How fun! My nieces have one of these and I still laugh at a picture of one of them looking under the hood - leaning over as if she is fixing something. Such a crack up!

October 30, 2006 2:29 PM  
Blogger Fizzgig said...

His own car, how cool is that? I wish we had those things when I was little. Self propelled big wheel? How pre-millenium is that?

October 31, 2006 7:05 AM  
Blogger Tina Ann Forkner said...

I found your blog on Blogging Chicks Blog roll. Love it!

October 31, 2006 5:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wanna go to Sacramento, too! You have the best trips, girl! I'm so jealous!

Thanks for letting me rent your blog! I love ya, as always!

I definitely need to get to SF one of these days and see the beautiful city you live near!

November 01, 2006 2:07 PM  
Blogger Becca said...

The kids are so funny on this jeep. Who knew it could be hours of endless entertainment

November 01, 2006 2:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Designed by www.troll-babygraphics.com

email is fun

hhmomma

Image hosting by Photobucket

the latest

Dress up?
Madonna & Malawi
Happy Halloween
Pillow talk, or something like that
Postal
One lump please
Transparent
Pumpkin de-light
gettin my sexy back
It's official-Final Chapter

old school

blogs that make me smile

the rings

credits

Designed by Troll Baby Graphics