November 08, 2006

Pea Split

What is it about that gosh forsaken place Target ? I have a love hate relationship with this establishment. You go to the store for a few items and some how end up with a basket full of things. Things. And more things. HHgirl and I ran over to do some shopping and ended up with way to much. Mostly useful stuff. It always is. Do you think the merchandise is better in the LA stores?

You'll never guess what I found at Target? Leopard flats. Yay. They carry two styles. One a more wild animal safari leopard print. The other pair were a little more reserved with a Audrey Hepburn like signature black bow. They only had size 10 & 11. So no leopards for me. They were cute and of course you couldn't beat the price.

I always wonder about the target shoes. I wonder that if after you wear the shoes for a month are they going to smell like funky corn chips. There is something about some of the less expensive shoes that don't allow room to breath or are made of corn chip scratch and sniffs. Do you know what I mean? I know it's not my feet. None of my Blahnik's are corn chip-esque. I definetly wear Blahnik's and to the park.

We are having a slow day and I like it. Not to many days like that around here. I made home made minestrone soup. HHmomma's version. I've been on a roll with the cooking. Time to eat heatlty and really try and put some effort forth in taking off some of the excess loving goodness on my bod. Just in time for the holidays.

When we got home HHgirl literally slipped on a pea. Not a banana peel a pea. She loves to eat frozen peas and she slipped on the little green morsel of yuck. I wouldn't have know but she actually handed the culprit to me. HHgirl is going to be trouble with the sparkly stuff. We walked past the Christmas-to-damn-early aisle and she went ballistic.

We just booked a weekend in San Francisco. HHhubby has his annual holiday party. We *won* a weekend stay at this fun hotel. The plan is to get a sitter for the night of the party and then pick up the kids the next day. Then bring them back to the hotel and do the union square-touristy holiday with the kids. Maybe some ice skating.

Last time I tried to ice skate was when HHhubby was courting me. We were foolish enough to go to dinner and drink and finish a bottle of wine. Now mind you combined we weighed about 250.We were the laughing stock of the ice rink. But that was one of the best nights on my life.When you realize people are pointing and laughing and it's at you- time to leave the ice!

4 Comments:

Blogger Jeri said...

Target shoes...I always figure for the price a couple good wearings and then done...it's the best for the trendy stuff...here today gone tomorrow....I adore target...I always buy too much of what I didn't know I needed....and you know I am all over the ice-skating!!! Wanna go! It is too much fun...

November 08, 2006 2:57 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I owe you an apology. You rented from me on BE and I haven't been online much to "pimp" you. My pc has been absolutely retarded and blogger hasn't been much better!
Sooooooooooo here's the deal. Next week, I'll run you again.. for nothing. Well.. I'm not sure how I could do that..but for like 1point or something LOL. I'll give you the head's up when to bid on it so you can get your week of pimping from me :-)

November 08, 2006 10:36 PM  
Blogger Fizzgig said...

What a nice getaway!! I too, am powerless against target. They have the cutest stuff you never knew you needed. Their buyers are genius!

November 09, 2006 7:02 AM  
Blogger Becca said...

I feel better that I am not alone in this struggle against target!

November 13, 2006 8:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Designed by www.troll-babygraphics.com

email is fun

hhmomma

Image hosting by Photobucket

the latest

perpetrating & wilson balls
The goods
Trading Spaces
Am I seeing spots?
say what
Leo-lollipop
Dress up?
Madonna & Malawi
Happy Halloween
Pillow talk, or something like that

old school

blogs that make me smile

the rings

credits

Designed by Troll Baby Graphics