November 06, 2006

perpetrating & wilson balls

This past weekend was good and uneventful. Spent some time around the house just getting grown-up things done. It seems like over the past few months we have hardly been home to enjoy our house. This weekend everyone has been sick, but me. Let's hope the germs don't move in this week.

Next week Lisa and I are going to start tennis lessons. Our instructors name is Sid. Why does that make me laugh? Maybe because it reminds me of the name Sven. Which- nothing is wrong with either name, they just make me laugh. Anyway- I haven't picked up a racket since I was very little. When every member of my family had a racket and occasionally played tennis. Let's hope Lisa and I are both equally bad.

This weekend is the big holiday boutique. Yikes! I will be selling my jewelry. For some reason I am feeling really unsure about the pieces. At first I started making jewelry that I thought other people would like. Dangling earrings and things I typically don't wear.
Then I reazlied that if I made pieces I like and I don't sell them, then at least I would have jewelry that I would wear. Truth is the items that I made that were things I would wear I feel more confident about.

I am selling, earrings, bracelets, zipper pulls, keychains, book marks, cell phone charms, necklaces, toe rings and wine charms. Some of the jewelry is Swavorski Crystals ( I am just addicted to all the colors). A lot of hammered silver and gold pendants. Then there are a lot of silver chain items. Some gold. Some leather. Organza. I have two favorite necklaces. So I won't be disappointed if those don't sell.

I'm also having a hard time setting prices. Some of the other girls that are selling jewelry are selling their pieces for a lot. Well at least it seems like it to me. (necklaces $65 and up) I really just enjoy makingthe jewelry so if I make money that is a plus. I mostly just hope people feel inspired to wear the jewlery. And of course feel good when they wear it.
Here are some photos:
What do you think?

3 Comments:

Blogger Jeri said...

i got no photos????

November 06, 2006 6:10 PM  
Blogger Fizzgig said...

Photo? I'll check back! It all sounds beautiful! I have a hard time with prices too when selling things I make, because I don't see the value in it like others do.

November 07, 2006 6:20 AM  
Blogger Becca said...

Something is strange about the slide show. You have to refresh or enable cookies. No big deal-and thanks for the support@

November 08, 2006 2:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Designed by www.troll-babygraphics.com

email is fun

hhmomma

Image hosting by Photobucket

the latest

The goods
Trading Spaces
Am I seeing spots?
say what
Leo-lollipop
Dress up?
Madonna & Malawi
Happy Halloween
Pillow talk, or something like that
Postal

old school

blogs that make me smile

the rings

credits

Designed by Troll Baby Graphics