November 14, 2006

Save the Ta Ta's

This story that ran on MSN is absurd. You have to read it and then come back.

I'll wait.

Fingers tap on desk.

Are you appaulled?

Ok. So how can this story be true in this day and age? When I breast fed both of my children I was very discreet about it. For me personally it wasn't something I felt comfortable doing in the general public. My choice. No one else. This feeling wasn't because someone made me feel this way -bad or good. It was just my own personal
issue.

I have friends that breast fed in front of me and sometimes that makes me uncomfortable and sometimes it dosen't. I just think that if this women was feeding her baby and doing so in a descreet manner, who are the flight attendants to ask her to leave. I think the issue of this women breast feeding is more about how the flight attendants feel uncomfortable and not about how anyone else felt. They didn't have to sit there and watch. If something makes you uncomfortable you move on. Here is your soda and peanuts. Eye only contact.

How embarrassing. I doubt I would have deplaned with out making a fuss.

I will love to see how this law suit ends. Settlement anyone?

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I never breast fed in public because I was afraid of crap like that. And I was very clumsy and I couldn't bare the embarassment of my boob leaking or flopping in public. Sad isn't it.

November 14, 2006 8:58 PM  
Blogger Knitting Maniac said...

WHAT?!?!?!? you know why? It was 22 month old child. People are WEIRD about children not being those cute squirmy little things attached to our breasts.

I would have been LIVID!

November 15, 2006 12:06 PM  
Blogger hotdrwife said...

One of ex boyfriend's had a couple he was close to, and one day at dinner (public place), she opened up her shirt to breast feed. Normally, I wouldn't really care. But I swear on everything that is holy, that child was FOUR YEARS OLD.

November 16, 2006 8:39 AM  
Blogger Becca said...

Dana- I was the same exact way so awkward about it all
Kal- See, you dont act that way. Maybe no of these women have children
Maniac-I will admit that I to am a little weird about the older ones, but do we think that is why?
HOTTIE- yeah something about a child being able to ask for the num nums doesnt settle well. Is for the kids or you?

November 16, 2006 12:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Designed by www.troll-babygraphics.com

email is fun

hhmomma

Image hosting by Photobucket

the latest

Bolts & Nuts we got screwed
Pawdicure? Only in S.F.
The eagle has landed
Pea Split
perpetrating & wilson balls
The goods
Trading Spaces
Am I seeing spots?
say what
Leo-lollipop

old school

blogs that make me smile

the rings

credits

Designed by Troll Baby Graphics