November 10, 2006

The eagle has landed

I wake up this am to a little 3 foot person hovering over me asking for breakfast and Curious George. I slowly make my way out from under the covers. A little foggy after a late night (well for me) with a friend for dinner and drinks. Pomegranate Margaritas to be exact. Her choice Blood Orange. I make my way downstairs and get HHboy breakfast in a t-shirt and undies. Normally not a big deal. Usually not my choice of attire for walking around the house in the a.m. either.

As HHboy settles down with his cereal and cartoon, we hear someone at our front door. I can see that it's our neighbor. Our neighbor is a single women in her 70's. Very friendly and very considerate. On separate occasions she has brought us wine and toys for the kids. We really enjoy her and so do the kids.

I look down and see that I am not in appropriate attire to answer the door.z
I run upstairs and grab a robe. I come back down and answer. She is pacing and in a sheer panic. This type of behavior is very uncharcteristic for her.

She speaks:
I'm glad you haven't left.
I can't locate the disc that your husband ----- gave to me.
I had a friend over and now the disc is gone.

Me: HHhubby gave you a disc? Ok, well let me see if he is out of the shower. (thinking to myself maybe he burned a music cd for her.)

He gave me the disc in case anything happened to you guys over the weekend.
Me: Huh?
Isn't HHboy going to be staying with someone?
Me: Not that I know of.
HHhubby gets out of the shower.
Me: I ask if HHhubby if he gave her a disc (at this point I have no idea what she is talking about)
HHhubby says no.
Neighbor has look of relief but is still pacing.
She says thank you and sorry I woke you up and goes on her way.

Now, I don't know about you but this line of questioning sounded strange. Unless there is some CIA action going on and someone has the *disc*.

Does this behavior seem strange to you?

On a side note, did anyone make the change to beta blogger. The move to Beta has been in the works for so long with Blogger. For a long time Blogger was it's own competition. Now there is Wordpress and a few others. I have another blog on word press, but I'm still learning the ropes. I am partial to blogger for several reasons, but we'll see what happens. I'm a beta here.

Saturday we are having friends over for dinner. And guess what? HHhubby is doing all the cooking! Yay. I don't even have to make dessert.

The jewelry boutique is Sunday. Wish me luck! Have a fun weekend!

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know, but your neighbor seems a little off her rocker!

November 12, 2006 5:22 PM  
Blogger Becca said...

we haven't seen her since, but something is not right!

November 13, 2006 12:33 PM  
Blogger Fizzgig said...

Thank you for the words of encouragement on my blog!
Ummmm, yea, definatly have a nutty neighbor??

November 14, 2006 12:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Designed by www.troll-babygraphics.com

email is fun

hhmomma

Image hosting by Photobucket

the latest

Pea Split
perpetrating & wilson balls
The goods
Trading Spaces
Am I seeing spots?
say what
Leo-lollipop
Dress up?
Madonna & Malawi
Happy Halloween

old school

blogs that make me smile

the rings

credits

Designed by Troll Baby Graphics