August 28, 2006

keeping the peace

Over the past few weeks I've come across a dozen or so blog posts about a certain topic. This topic perplexed my wee little mind a bit. Let me start off by saying for me, I'm not the type to generally post about political theories and values and things that are generally argumentative. I assume there are forums and other venues for this type of banter.

I read quite a few blogs, some regularly and others when I come across them on blog explosion. For the most part the blogs are fun to read and sometimes informative. I like this about the blogging world. Lately, I've been noticing a lot of women, mothers and non-mothers a like, posting on their blogs about how they "hate mommy bloggers" Hmm. Hate is a strong word.

I have to be careful when I think about posting here. The Hot House Momma blog is for fun. A lot of generalities crossed my mind. First, I feel like maybe I am taking the mommy jabs a little to personally. Since I am a mommy and I blog. So I must be a part of this disliking mommy bloggers. This got me to thinking about people who blog. Most people who are married, or have friends, dating what have you talk about their spouses and or friends on their blogs. The posts we write are stories about our lives and who is in them.

I see no difference in posting about these elements of your life and posting about your kids. What bothered me the most about the bloggers posting about hating mommy bloggers, were the ones that were mommys themselves. Are they trying to hard to get away from the stigma that I guess exists about blogging about your spawn? Really what is the difference. You still are a mommy that blogs. Yes, we all have things going on in our lives, but having a family is a part of your life.

A good portion of my blog is about me and my life. Bloggers are generally narcissistic and self absorbed. right? Hey let's talk about me? haaa. I do occasionally post about the HHKids because they are a part of my life. I guess the part I don't understand is why all the hating? I mean don't you make a choice to not read any individual blog if you are not interested. Wether it be a blog , on sex, religion, music, freckled pigs, pickled eggs and mommy blogs, etc. Just don't read it.

I just don't see the need to post about hating some generlized group of bloggers. There are plenty of blogs that I would rather not read and books just the same for that matter. I guess I just don't feel the need to post about how I hate them.

There are way more cool bloggers out there, then the few I mentioned.


Have any of you noticed this in blog land? Do you care? I did for about the few minutes it took to post this to my blog and then realized that I blog for me as an outlet and along the way I hope that some people can smile or idenitfy with what I might be dealing with.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jeri said...

I'm with you....why the haters???Is it that whole lemmings to the sea, jump on the current bandwagon, this is the cause of the moment.....simple mind set???

I read blogs for fun, information, it matters not if it's a mom, a journalist, a college kid, etc....if ya all got a problem with a blog written by a mom...don't read it....make a choice....don't need no haters.

August 28, 2006 6:24 PM  
Blogger Fizzgig said...

I think people like to feel like they belong, and it's no different in the blogosphere than in real life. If someone has no sense of self then they jump on the bandwagon with everyone else.

I agree with most, it's like television, and radio, you dont have to look at, listen to, read anything you dont like or agree with. But there is no need to drag people into fights, and arguments over what they write. It's not worth it.

I dont even like kids, but I don't mind reading about peoples kids from time to time, it's usually in an entertaining story, and, you're right, they are a part of the bloggers life, as much as friends and family are.

August 29, 2006 7:33 AM  
Blogger Becca said...

AJ- I agree freedom to read what you want.

Mon- I agree reading about one particular subject from time to time is okay-no over doing it

Miss Brit- I like the stranger talk. I understand you dont want to be known for only have kids just as someone doesnt want to be known for soley their career!

August 29, 2006 2:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Designed by www.troll-babygraphics.com

email is fun

hhmomma

Image hosting by Photobucket

the latest

cheers
go team pork chop
wing it
to be or not to be
my name is HHMomma and I am
It's all about me or them
and their off
the roots
gas my ass
Miss Vanity Flair and Fluff

old school

blogs that make me smile

the rings

credits

Designed by Troll Baby Graphics