August 23, 2006

to be or not to be




We have friends that were planning on getting married the first weekend in October. Today we were told that the wedding is "officially" off. You always here about weddings being called off, but you never expect it to be your own friends. We hope they take the time to figure out what they need in their own lives. These are two very special people who have made the choice to postpone their marriage. The reasons are their own. I wish them godspeed in working through this. It can't be easy. I do however commend them for making this choice instead of wondering after the wedding.

The question I have is:

Does the bachelor party go on as scheduled? The party is set up for next weekend. Do the boys go as planned and the trip becomes a makeshift buddies go golfing weekend. Does the bachelor go?

I have collected my thoughts on this. What do you think?

*** update*** the boys are going on the trip originally planned. To bad for the men who don't swing a club at the course. Anyway they have named the nights accodingly: Aligators in the Bayou, and Fistfights on Bourbon wrapped into one.
Nope, they aren't going to NO.

5 Comments:

Blogger The G Family said...

I say wedding off, bachelor party off...well but then maybe if she's the one that called it off he might need a weekend with the guys as a "pick me up" tough call....

August 22, 2006 9:10 PM  
Blogger PetiteMommy said...

I'm not sure but I'd guess it's off and rescheduled. Good luck to your friends.

I have friends getting married this weekend.

August 23, 2006 6:53 AM  
Blogger Fizzgig said...

Ack, the wedding is off! It must be in the air! My best friend and her fiance broke it off too! Theirs was only in the works though, yours is much much closer!
I would think if something so big happened to postpone the wedding, they would need some time with friends to have fun, party on!

August 23, 2006 7:13 AM  
Blogger Wombat said...

She stopped wedding.

Bachelor Party on. Bachelor goes. He needs support.

He stopped wedding.

Bachelor Party on. Bachelor attends. He needs support.

August 23, 2006 9:47 AM  
Blogger Becca said...

I love the variety of responses you all left. They both are doing well and will remain a couple and see what happens. As for the boys, they are trying to re-route the original plan and get plane tickets to Vegas. I don't think you can have a bad time there with a bunch of friends. The bride gave the pre-groom the nod to go as planned. I figure how could he have a good time knowing what the weekend was mean to be his b-party

August 23, 2006 3:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Designed by www.troll-babygraphics.com

email is fun

hhmomma

Image hosting by Photobucket

the latest

my name is HHMomma and I am
It's all about me or them
and their off
the roots
gas my ass
Miss Vanity Flair and Fluff
love me some Mcdreamy
the lost girls
Moody blues
two martini lunch

old school

blogs that make me smile

the rings

credits

Designed by Troll Baby Graphics