August 22, 2006

my name is HHMomma and I am

a blogger geek. Hey,hey,hey,(elbow nudge to the side) anyone notice the cool little icon for the RSS feed on my sidebar? I have no idea how it works (yup,I admit it), but I figure I should get the feed.(learn later) I have a family blog that I update with photos of the HHkids. A few other blogger geeks(readers) made mention that we didn't have an RSS feed on the kids blog. So now we have it here too. Uhm Okay. Now we have one, two, an RSS feed. What to do.

While over admiring my blog feed I glanced at my sidebar with the 2996 tribute. I feel like It's time to start thinking about what I will write for my personal tribute to Michael Trinidad. I would like to be thorough in my research, thoughtful and meaningful. As poignant, as if he were my own family member.

Truthfully, I haven't even sat down to think about this post because there is a part of me that knows it will be painful to re-visit these attacks on the US. Even though it has been nearly 5 years. Over the weekend I encouraged myself to purchase a book on 9-11. Though, I can't bring myself to see World Trade Center, I plan to read my new book soon.

This has also been nagging for a post. Back when (not sure but at least 6 months ago) a client of HHhubby's sent HHboy a pair of these. Now I have to admit I thought they were slightly strange but good for kiddos and great for water time. As I see these more and more I have to say the crocks are just not okay for Adults. Age and shoe size should be compatible with this shoe type. Agree?

In YaY me news, I lost 10 lbs.!! No where near the 30 I hoped for by the end of September, but happy just the same. I can't be to disappointed since I have not even given the loss a good college try. Soon though. Soon

9 Comments:

Blogger kyrie said...

congrats on losing 10 pounds! that is awesome!!

August 22, 2006 7:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey! You're not a geek. But if you really are, I'll admit, I am too!

Ooh and 10 pounds? Dude, help me, I need to lose 10 pounds.

August 22, 2006 9:32 AM  
Blogger hotdrwife said...

My son has a couple pair of those Croc's. I am all for him wearing them whenever. They are easy to put on, easy to clean off, etc. Adults, though? I kind of agree. Although I think they are pretty good to have if you are operating or in the medical profession ...

August 22, 2006 12:15 PM  
Blogger Becca said...

Kyrie-Thank you I dont see the difference, but eventually! Right!

Dana- We're all geeking out together! I may have lot ten but I have more then ten to go

HotDrsWife- Good call the crocs are probably great with the scrubs. Not so much with the every day attire. My own opinion.

August 22, 2006 12:35 PM  
Blogger Becca said...

Kyrie-Thank you I dont see the difference, but eventually! Right!

Dana- We're all geeking out together! I may have lot ten but I have more then ten to go

HotDrsWife- Good call the crocs are probably great with the scrubs. Not so much with the every day attire. My own opinion.

August 22, 2006 12:36 PM  
Blogger Jeri said...

I thought you looked slimmer this last weekend!! YaY for you!

I just can't get behind the crocs for adults in their bright primary colors....except perhaps for gardening...and even then not so much.

August 22, 2006 6:16 PM  
Blogger Shez said...

Hi Hot House Momma,
Thought I might be able to help you out with learning about your new RSS Feed.(Real Simple Syndication Feed) I was just like you a few months ago, added the RSS thing to my blog, and didn't even know what it was really. Or what it was used for.
But what you have done, is opened up the door, to something absolutely wonderful, on the net. It's like having a newspaper available, that you pick the topics you want in it by subscription, and it is updated every day on it's own, by the subscriptions you add to your paper. The best thing is that they are all in one place, and you don't have to find the URL (address) and go view each one seperately, so saves you a lot of time and a lot of searching all over the place.
So.....you have already got it on your blog, now you need to find a place to read it. Feedburner, is the place where you got the icon and feed. I see it gives you a list of some names of the major readers on there. The place I use is "Bloglines" here's the address:
http://www.bloglines.com/
I learnt everything else I needed from their site. First thing is to register, and then just follow what they say, and add some subscriptions that are called "Feeds" or "My Feeds" once you are signed in. There is loads there, from News to Gardening, Arts, Photography. Just to get you started. I find they explain what to do very well, and I got set up quickly.
Afterwards, I would go thru my favoite blogs, and see if they have the RSS or ATOM, or XYL feeds and you can subscribe to them. What I do is copy their URL Address and then go to my page on Bloglines and click the "Add" word, as you want to add the blog to your subscriptions, and it will tell you if the blog has the feeds (RSS) to become a subscription for you. Just read what it says on the page that comes up. to add it, if it does, and it will be added and show up on the left hand coloum of your Bloglines MY Feeds Page. Then if it is updated a number will be added at the end of the name so you will know if it is updated like this "Hot House Momma (1)" If you click on it, the latest bit of infromation will show up on the right hand side of the page for you to read.
Hope this helps you, and I explained it well enough. I would also read the pages that come up when you click the icon on your blog from Feedburner. They try to explain what to do next to you also. If I can help you more, etc. just drop a comment on my blog and I'll see it there. Once you figure it out, you will never want to go back to where you were before. So give it a try.
Cheers

August 22, 2006 6:22 PM  
Blogger Jolie said...

Congrats on the weight loss! Here via Tracy's!

August 22, 2006 8:15 PM  
Blogger Fizzgig said...

I know adults who wear those shoes...to work outside in the yard. I prefer my bare feet.

Congrats on 10lbs!!! Its damn hard work!

August 23, 2006 7:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Designed by www.troll-babygraphics.com

email is fun

hhmomma

Image hosting by Photobucket

the latest

It's all about me or them
and their off
the roots
gas my ass
Miss Vanity Flair and Fluff
love me some Mcdreamy
the lost girls
Moody blues
two martini lunch
death by freeway

old school

blogs that make me smile

the rings

credits

Designed by Troll Baby Graphics