August 24, 2006

go team pork chop

Yesterday, I collectively emailed our friends (bride/groom) regarding their wedding cancellation. I decided rather then not acknowledging the change in the wedding plans, I would sent off an email with a little love and support. This way there would be no face to face about the situation. They probably have phone calls, telegrams, emails,stork grams and all others coming in. The friends who have postponed their wedding, responded to my email. I sat at my computer and laughed while reading the email this morning.


It was the bride who responded. When she responded she said thank you "Team" "insert our last name here." My first response was a little giggle. Then it quite made me throw up a little in my mouth. Do people think of HHhubby and I like this? I mean really she meant it sweetly. I appreciate that. Why does it bother me? Because I don't have shirts made?

Most likely because, I don't want to be known as "the team." One of those gross, over affectionate,(you know the type) how can you be so happy, sappy, couples. Who make you want to stick a fork in their eye. Our perhaps a fork in your own. I mean don't get me wrong we are definitely cheering for the same team and all. HHhubby and I are coming on our 3 year anniversary and I am happy about that but-no googly bear talk here. Maybe this is why the hubs affectionately refers to me as "the armadillo."

We have this running joke called "Pork Chops." (that's another story) (he will be thrilled that I am sharing this news here) Basically it's when we are both thinking the same thing,then finally one of us says what we are "really" thinking. Then of course it's a litte like reading ones mind. Most bothersome that we are thinking the exact same thing. Yes, great minds think alike and all that.

Both of us are completely appauled by this shared capacity to think alike. Maybe we want to be sure to keep true to ourselves in this marriage. We are secretly morphing into one. Soon we will just think with one mind. I will start groping my own phantom bits. He will ask, does my ass look big in this pants? To which I will reply "no, don't be silly." what I will really mean is "yes, it is quite large." Save us. As long as I don't start wearing his pants, we may be okay.


Is it possible that we don't have that amorous gene in our bodies. See I am referring to our bodies, for both of us. I do think HHhubby is romantic and a love. What about you? Do you wonder about this?

3 Comments:

Blogger Fizzgig said...

I think some people are just like that. I use to be down with the love and all that mushy stuff, til I met someone who is like that that I actually liked. Now I can be that way. It's kinda funny coming from me.
If your both the same, i think your safe! it would be different if one was wanting the constant affection and not getting it.

August 25, 2006 7:26 AM  
Blogger kyrie said...

you guys are so funny to watch. i love how you basically complete each others sentences. i for sure want a realtionship like you and Barry. you guys are a great role model. :0)
<3

August 25, 2006 7:37 AM  
Blogger Becca said...

ahh thank you both. I was really think we might be one of those. Haaa

August 25, 2006 9:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Designed by www.troll-babygraphics.com

email is fun

hhmomma

Image hosting by Photobucket

the latest

wing it
to be or not to be
my name is HHMomma and I am
It's all about me or them
and their off
the roots
gas my ass
Miss Vanity Flair and Fluff
love me some Mcdreamy
the lost girls

old school

blogs that make me smile

the rings

credits

Designed by Troll Baby Graphics