July 25, 2006

ir-rash-onal

Let me start by saying this. I admit it. Hand is waiving in the air frantically like the eager student in freshman math waiting to be called on. High in the air. ME ME. This is what I get. The pot calling the kettle black. Living in that big ass glass house. Me talking about how this particular little guy (I won't mention names JOHNNY BOY)came down with this shit.



A child in one of HHBoy's play groups has repeatedly come down with Coxsackievirus. Also known as hand foot mouth disease. Not just for cows anymore. The fact that a cow is associated with this virus-enough said.

When I first heard about this and what the virus actually is and the cause of the rash, it made me quiver. Teeth chattering, full body snaking motion on the ground, break dancing kind-of quiver.

Now, don't get HHmomma wrong, I ain't judging. Or am I. I know kids just catch things, or forget to clean their hands after they wipe their own ass and touch my little bundles hands. No really who knows why this type of virus goes around, no one chooses it. Maybe the kids and I gave it out as a treat at playgroup. HHBoy is in the clear, so I think not.

Generally, I'm not one of those anal moms who is always getting out the germ gel after every hand wave ( maybe the kids that belong to the anal moms don't have the COX) but I do take pride in being healthy and clean and A plus on the hygiene.




It's just that this virus really gets to me. Last week the aforementioned Johnny boy had *it* again.


This week, guess who has it? HHgirl. My little boobala. The symptoms of the rash seem to be manageable. Rash, possible mild fever, poor appetite, malaise and some other symptoms in which I will spare you the details. HHgirl is a-okay and the rash is barely noticeable. If you are standing on the moon. Really the rash is so small you would hardly notice. The mommy freaks at Gymboree will be glad I didn't show today.

Just the thought of the rash gives me the creeps. How is that for mature mom of the year?

It's not like I am wearing rubber gloves when I am around here. Well, not all the time.

Enough about all that. The words are starting to make me itch.


*I think I am going back to using DOS. Great program and so easy to use.


*I love Rescue Me. Great show. The story line in the show where probe is allegedly gay but doesn't consider himself gay Because he is the one receiving oral pleasure not giving oral pleasure. Duh! Just plain silly. Lou manscaping is also quite a vial visual.


* Purchased new boob holder at VS. There was a very gay man working at the register. Why did this bother me. Not the being gay part, the man part. VS is one of those places that I consider a sanctity for women. Maybe, I am over thinking or getting old. Just don't really need or desire to have some man talking to be about the way my bras fit. Specially when the tightnes of his shirt proved to me that it was not necessary for him to sport a bra. There goes his authority. Maybe he had some good advise and I was closed minded.


Oh Well. Me and my closed mind are going to think of something worth posting. If you are still reading you are a dedicated reader. Thank you for that.

6 Comments:

Blogger Battlerocker said...

"a new boob holder" I love it. :) I can't stand walking into Victoria's Secret. Even if I am there with a girl, I still get dirty looks form the entire room. Good luck with the virus.

July 26, 2006 4:56 AM  
Blogger hotdrwife said...

My son had the Coxsackie virus last year. Mouth blisters and all. I have no idea how he got, where he got it. Our doctor told us since there are so many variations of this virus, you can get Coxsackie and it presents differently each time. It sure was miserable though!! Glad everyone is okay now.

July 26, 2006 7:10 AM  
Blogger Elleoz said...

Hugs to HHGirl. I hope she is all better soon. I have heard it is a nasty little buger.

I can't stand VS and refuse to go in there. I definately would not have been comfortable with a man waiting on me in there though. Eww!

July 26, 2006 9:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My gosh! I've never even heard of this virus until today! What a crazy disease! And kids get this? Yikes!

July 26, 2006 9:50 AM  
Blogger Becca said...

Thank you all for the input. Nice to feel like Im not alone on this one.

July 27, 2006 9:47 AM  
Blogger Fizzgig said...

Am I the only one that thought you made up this word and it meant 'Cock Sack Virus'?? Ok, just checkin'. That is disgusting!

July 28, 2006 9:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Designed by www.troll-babygraphics.com

email is fun

hhmomma

Image hosting by Photobucket

the latest

bliss, _iss & tires
momma said knock me out
stifling
Guest Post, compliments of Noi
things that I know for sure, today
a deux
Dear Abby:
cheaper then a lawyer
laughing gas
golden day

old school

blogs that make me smile

the rings

credits

Designed by Troll Baby Graphics