September 06, 2006

pelican bay




I am a prisoner in my own home. Please send bread and water. A spoon so I can whittle a little underground tunnel. Oh yeah, a vanilla latte, too. I haven't had coffee today. Whether the need be for the routine or the caffeine. I would really like one.

Today they paved our streets. Which by the way are looking silky smooth. This morning HHhubby moved my car around the corner so that I would have a vehicle to get places. Which was great. One problem. There are no sidewalks in our neighborhood. We'll let me retract that sentence. There is one sidewalk across the street, but it ends about 50 feet up the block. My car is about 200 feet away. I am totally making this number up, but it's about two blocks away.

The word is you can't walk on the black tar tar until it's dry. Which means we have about two more hours to go. Well unless you want to take the chance of ruining everything you own. Me thinks we stay put. Although it could be fun to have tar on the hardwood floors.

It did cross my mind to do the following:

Put on old flip flops, so as not to ruin good shoes
Pack bag with clean shoes and supplies to go about
Strategically put HHboy on my back
HHgirl sitting just so on my hip
Purse on one arm
Diaper bag on remaining arm
lemon twister around ankle
and start my journey, up hill and then downhill

Totally worth it.

Sort of like how our parents walked barefoot in the snow to school.

Random Thoughts:
Rosie on The View, I like her on the show
Photos of Baby Suri, very sweet

3 Comments:

Blogger Heather @ thedomesticdiva.org said...

baby suri is soooo cute. I saw the pics too! I see why they kept her a secret for so long, she is absolutely beautiful.

LMAO about the road. I say you do it. I have some old flip flops if you want them, I would pay to watch you carry all that stuff.

September 06, 2006 5:25 PM  
Blogger Becca said...

pink diary- wasnt lemon twister fun. I look forward to the book
She-suri is adorable and I would be laughing with you if I made the trek.
FWIW- I am wimpy. We ventured out tho. Thanks for the comp.

September 06, 2006 8:39 PM  
Blogger Fizzgig said...

Yea, I'd just stay home too. That's a lot of stuff to haul around! I like Rosie on the View too, I didn't think I would. I still miss Star. Call me crazy!

September 07, 2006 6:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Designed by www.troll-babygraphics.com

email is fun

hhmomma

Image hosting by Photobucket

the latest

shameless
mouth-to-mouth
introspect
tsk tsk hothousemomma
everyone does it
Priceless
debut at fluff
Stimulating or
keeping the peace
cheers

old school

blogs that make me smile

the rings

credits

Designed by Troll Baby Graphics