June 19, 2006

dead wo-man walking



I'm going to hell. Not even in a handbasket, either. Over the weekend an awful thing happened. I did it. I have no one to blame but myself. No one. Just me. Soley responsible for this awful act. F**K , PETA is going to show up here at HHcrib.

This is where it began. HHgirl and I went into the backyard to water. Let me start by telling you that in the back there are these cute little metal containers hanging on the side of the house. The containers are for gardening tools and such. When we do have a chance to work in the yard, if there are weeds we cut back, HHhubby tends to put the scraps in the metal containers.

Ok.

Back to the watering.

So the sprinkler is on the end of the hose. I strap HHgirl in a push car. Begin to unscrew the sprinkler from the hose. I tenderly toss the sprinkler over into the metal bin, labeled seeds.

Suddenly I jump and take cover,as a bird flies out of the metal bin. Now these metal bins are not that deep and there is a lot of gardening stuff inside.

I walk over with out consideration. Peek inside the metal container. I have to step on my tip toes a bit.

OH MY.. OH MY F*K F*K

As I look in, what do I see. I see a cracked egg.

I killed the baby.

First thing I do is look for the momma bird. She is sitting on the fence.

I'm going... and no one can save me.

Make me feel better.

UPDATE: HHhubby went to take care of the nest. The egg was gone. Where did it go? Did the momma bird come back?

4 Comments:

Blogger hotdrwife said...

It was an accident!! My neighbor, on the other hand, took out FIVE EGGS from her bird house and put them out in the three (in a pot) because she didn't want THOSE kinds of birds. She wanted ANOTHER kind of birds. Imagine THAT!!

She called me the next day feeling bad. Seems to me that's about a thousand times worse than what you didn't do on purpose.

Better?

June 19, 2006 8:41 AM  
Blogger Jeri said...

ahh....how could you know??? The endless suprises of home ownership...wild life! Ask yaya about the bird who uses my outdoor ashtray to build nests....

June 19, 2006 10:47 AM  
Blogger Becca said...

Better.

thank you BOTH for making me feel so much better. I really was feeling bad. HHhubby initial reaction was not much sympathy.. then he realized how bad I felt!

June 19, 2006 1:36 PM  
Blogger Brooke and Brandi said...

Think of it this way, had the baby hatched and it was hurt when this happened, you could have had to pack up HHG and drive it to the wildlife rescue in Walnut Creek like I did a couple of weekends ago....your HHH thought I was insane for doing it. It is the birds fault, she should have built her nest up higher than humans can reach! How could you have known?

June 20, 2006 5:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Designed by www.troll-babygraphics.com

email is fun

hhmomma

Image hosting by Photobucket

the latest

I got tagged!
my three amigos
good lovin
love to love you, baby
lady lumps
summers off
I wanna be a fireman
tea-pourri
officially disgusted
unfortunate infidelity

old school

blogs that make me smile

the rings

credits

Designed by Troll Baby Graphics