June 13, 2006

unfortunate infidelity




I have myself a bit of a dilemma. Not sure if it's a question of morals. It's definitely a bit of a work ethic issue.

So if you have been hanging out here and reading you know that HHfamily has plans to do this fun makeover.

Note that this entry was back in April. Well since then, we have been in the process of having prep work done to prepare for the painters.

This small undertaking has been quite a challenge. I have dealt with contractors over the years, but never for my own home. Now, I know why doing any sort of remodel on your home can lead to the challenge of one's sanity. Also, question what your mind frame was when you stood beside your spouse and took those forever vows. Suddenly one of us has turned into a two headed dragon. Most likely me.

Chasing these contractors around. Because basically contractors beat to their own drum. They are like the people at DMV, they know you have to wait. They got your by the bits. If you will.

Needless to say, Carol the Colorist was working with me to schedule a second visit to be sure that the colors we picked for our bedroom-will work.

After several phone calls and email exchanges we decided on last Monday(to meet). Meanwhile, the boys are here putting up sheetrock. Glass contractor is coming out today. Our painter was scheduled for tomorrow.

Here is where the problem started.

You still with me?

Carol doesn't show on Monday. Not like her. She seems very professional.

ring...ringg

Stranger: "Hi HHMomma?" "Carol wanted me to call you, she is very ill and at urgent care."

ME: Gulp, I hope she is okay.

FRIEND: Sure she will call you tomorrow.

So, my thoughts go in and out of my mind about what "very ill" means.

I leave her a voicemail later in the week and also send an email.

I SAY "WHAT THE FUCK? "I NEED COLORS FOR MY HOUSE, WOMAN!"

OK. NO. I didn't.

Actually I am really worried. Is she okay?

Still no call.

I leave a voicemail yesterday. Cell phone direclty to voice mail.

Very strange.

Meanwhile I took it upon myself to reschedule our painter for next week. I couldn't leave them without a job. Time is vaulable we all know that.

Next step, call my friend who gave me Carol's name for our project. Ends up Carol and my friend do not have a relationship outside of the business world.

FINALLY, to my dilemma

Does Carol owe me a call?

I'm thinking she is really sick. However, I was also one of those girls who wasn't sure when a guy was trying to dump me.

My friend gave me the name of another colorist.

DO I call ? If so how long do I wait before I date again?

Please. help me.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mom on the Run said...

schedule someone else! My motto is, if they are too busy to return calls, they are too busy for my precious business!

June 13, 2006 3:58 PM  
Blogger Becca said...

Thank you for the kick in the pants. I called this am and the new colorist is coming in two weeks. I hope she has a good vision :)

June 13, 2006 6:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Designed by www.troll-babygraphics.com

email is fun

hhmomma

Image hosting by Photobucket

the latest

lloyd, what is this? this on my finger?
I like my wine in a box
for maximum foxification
blogger, i will find you
my roomie
to the OC, watch out Mischa Barton
moving on up
kick it up a notch
hot house awards 2006
I like baubles

old school

blogs that make me smile

the rings

credits

Designed by Troll Baby Graphics