March 01, 2006

mommy wars

If you didn't see the spot on ABC, then check out this link listed below and read the article. This debate has been all over the news.
mommywars



I think this subject is cause for some well deserved debates and entirely different view points to surface. A good reminder would be- that we just watched Sandra Day O'Connor, a former Opt Out mom who choose to stay home with her children for 5 years mid career, retire from a seat on the Supreme Court of the "United States" to be with her ailing husband. Isn't it time to make straight forward full time career paths only one of a number of excellent options for any mom.

There are a whole group of sahm's who are millionaires as a result of a business they started while home raising their children. When you take the female vs male pay compensation in today's job market, sometimes you really have to rethink your career path.
I am fortunate to be home with my children and wouldn't trade this time in their lives(or mine) for any other experience. My thought is, I have the rest of my life to make my dreams come true and to climb a corporate ladder, if I so choose. It is no insult to my children that I am not working outside the home. I certainly don't look down on a mom who has made the decision to be a working mom, if that is the choice she has made. This is what you do to make your family functional on all levels.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Designed by www.troll-babygraphics.com

email is fun

hhmomma

Image hosting by Photobucket

the latest

home sweet home, baby drew
welcome brandon & brecken
chico haze
affectionately yours
moi, a jive turkey?
20 + things
staples and I'm not talking the store
the gates in NY
I want to dance with somebody..
to stroll fashionably or not to stroll

old school

blogs that make me smile

the rings

credits

Designed by Troll Baby Graphics