February 23, 2006

staples and I'm not talking the store

This week was interesting to say the least. Not in a "good book" way or her "outfit "is interesting way, but in a "wow" this was my week way.


Cole, Avery and I headed out to the park to meet Lisa and Eva. Packed up our lunch. Mom was on it this time, sandwich, juice box, cheese ,raisins. The whole spread. Even had a sandwich for me-self.
We scoot over to the park and are there mmm maybe 15 minutes.
Cole starts crying.
Not an earth shattering I just broke my leg cry.
Just a cry, that happens if he doesn't get his way. I walk over "sweetie are you okay?" To my surprise look down and there is crimson blood pouring out of the back of my wee little ones melon.
PANIC PANIC. Remain calm.
I pick up Cole and hand him to Lisa with uncertainty. At this moment in time I am not like a normal mom. I hand Cole to her like he is a pile of wood planks and I am a forklift. I am one with the forklift. Uhmm Lisa "he's bleeding"
We managed to get everything picked up and head over to the er. I decided that I should call Barry on the way over. I nearly chocked trying to talk to him (note: that I am calm ,but have dry throat) only thing to chug is old vanilla latte. Very tasty. Barry said "give him ice cream a new toy" whatever he wants. I think he mentioned a convertible, honey. (to self: Rebecca stop being so it's all about me- that is sooo not appropriate) I think the cut on the back on the head bothered mommy more then it did Cole. He was running and playing peek a boo with Eva. When they were putting the staples (gulp) in his perfectly round head, all he could say was " I want to go play."
Cole is made Ford tough

4 Comments:

Blogger kyrie said...

oh my goodness!!! that is so weird that he wasn't crying as hard as someone our age would. I am so glad he is ok!

February 23, 2006 3:48 PM  
Blogger Becca said...

I was crying! ok, I wasnt but I was freaked.

February 23, 2006 5:35 PM  
Blogger Dolores said...

the first "my baby is hurt" is the deepest!!! It's your biggest fear and you hurt more...
he is such a brave little "bob the builder"!!!
xoxoxox
now breathe.......just breathe

February 24, 2006 9:39 AM  
Blogger Becca said...

you watching to much grey's anatomy ?

February 24, 2006 2:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Designed by www.troll-babygraphics.com

email is fun

hhmomma

Image hosting by Photobucket

the latest

the gates in NY
I want to dance with somebody..
to stroll fashionably or not to stroll
rain drops keep fallin on my head
she said with rose colored cheeks
so romantic
happy lovers day, kiss kiss
my turn......tag your it
baby newsflash
vote

old school

blogs that make me smile

the rings

credits

Designed by Troll Baby Graphics