February 20, 2006

to stroll fashionably or not to stroll

boob envy(hey I have a nice rack), small thigh envy(these I don't have, my friends), stroller evny. I have it and I have it bad. Why? It's just a stroller. I meet a friend of mine at the park about once a week. Each time I see her, she has a different stroller. She is a self professed stroller hoe. It's as if she has a stroller to go with each day of the week or for each outdoor activity. In no uncertain terms, I admit it, I may be well on my way to joining the ranks of stroller-hoe hood. I am not ashamed.
It is not like I want a silver cross pram
or a
bugaboo


Do they make Manolo strollers? Come on biotches-keeding I just want a stroller I can cruise on a walking trail with my kemosabes.

First baby, and you purchase a middle of the road stroller for single bebe cruising. Then you need an umbrella stroller for traveling. Because that is what you do. Then you have a second child and you need to purchase the "double wide". Now, the problem is I purchased the double wide, the one that everyone said you *have* to have. I am not impressed. So now I am tittering back and forth between purchasing the "new addition"- Mind you any stroller these days is a small fortune.
You have no idea how many purchases you could make at thedevil box
if you cashed any of these strollers in.

Since we aren't cashing them in, I am trying to convince myself to make the purchase. I have the green light from hubby. You might be saying, "what else does she need?" A tall glass of pluckiness. My odd fear that I will make the purchase and it will collect dust in the garage. Like the 4 inch heels that are in my closet. Because I had to have them. There will be some occasion for those heels. I mean my husband is almost 6 foot. Oh wait, he isn't. Momentarily confused with Matthew McConaughey.
Kate Holmes is taller then Tom Cruise with heels. Their weird. Who cares. Anyway back to the stroller. It really rules.

I have to say I am not sure what else these strollers can do, but fold themselves up, beautifully and compact like the sweaters piled oh so nicely at the Gap. Still some how I feel like this stroller will be the one that satisfies my urges. Just like when we eat that last piece of chocolate.

I'm glad we talked this out and I am... well off to make the purchase and join the ranks!

3 Comments:

Blogger kyrie said...

Rebecca, you crack me up. haha, I was reading that... and I heard you saying all of this. You're pretty awesome.

February 21, 2006 8:10 AM  
Blogger Dolores said...

girls can rationalize anything they want. a little talking it thru and whahla........what was I waiting for??
LOL

February 21, 2006 3:56 PM  
Blogger Becca said...

I still havent purchased the stroller. I took it for a test drive though. We'll see.

February 22, 2006 3:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Designed by www.troll-babygraphics.com

email is fun

hhmomma

Image hosting by Photobucket

the latest

rain drops keep fallin on my head
she said with rose colored cheeks
so romantic
happy lovers day, kiss kiss
my turn......tag your it
baby newsflash
vote
rock the vote
book karma
e.e. cummings - i carry your heart with me

old school

blogs that make me smile

the rings

credits

Designed by Troll Baby Graphics