February 23, 2006

the gates in NY

courtesy of sfgate


After a quarter-century of plans and proposals, Christo and Jean-Claude's colorful "Gates" descended on New York's Central Park -- and so did the sightseers. Including Barry and I who lucked into this exhibit in February of last year. Though we didn't plan to see the exhibit, I wanted to take a horse ride around Central Park. You have to do the buggy ride once in your lifetime.

Despite the freezing cold weather we decided, (well I pouted and stomped my feet, though he gave in pretty easily) that we would take a horse and buggy ride through Central Park. It was a moment that I couldn't pass and one I will never forget. We have one picture of us from the buggy ride.
I look like fat Monica
.

I will admit Barry and I had absolutely no idea what the "gates" were. We figured it was some kind of race or some festival going on in the park. Forget the obvious that the park was draped with fluffy white snow. We know art when we see it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Designed by www.troll-babygraphics.com

email is fun

hhmomma

Image hosting by Photobucket

the latest

I want to dance with somebody..
to stroll fashionably or not to stroll
rain drops keep fallin on my head
she said with rose colored cheeks
so romantic
happy lovers day, kiss kiss
my turn......tag your it
baby newsflash
vote
rock the vote

old school

blogs that make me smile

the rings

credits

Designed by Troll Baby Graphics