February 05, 2007

HOT!

Let me start off by saying, I was officially star struck. But this is how our evening started.

Nichol drove down from Sacramento and we waited patiently for concert time.

Pix showed up with these shirts for us to wear. Notice where it says "sign here."






Yes, we wore the shirts. And surprisingly enough, we weren't the oldest groupies at the show. The show was at Slims in San Francisco. The venue holds at capacity up to about 800-1000.
We were able to move freely and grab a cocktail or two or three. The opening band was Cinder Road. Who actually were very good. If you look back at the photo of the shirt you will see that I have a signature. It was the hancock of the lead singer of Cinder Road formerly known as Plunge.

After each band finished performing we moved our way up closer to the front. The second band was Eve to Atom. Not my favorite and since there was no stage diving or moshing - I was out.

On to the main event. See below:


**************************************




Yowza. Chris performed and gave an awesome show. He really has the stage presence down. Once he lost the euro scarf he was all good. Honestly I only knew one of his songs, the ever famous "It's not over." But before we left I really grew to like his music more. He also did a great cover of Sunday Bloody Sunday by U2.

After the show we made our way around back. Someone told us that if we went around back that is generally where the band members leave and hangout. The club is about a block long.

We were able to see about 100 yards down the alley and what do you know there was Chris D throwing back a beer or something.

*Special note my friend Nichol who was gracious enough to take me to the show, is a die hard fan. She was ready to wait him out.

So I obliged.

At this point I decided to walk around to the other side of the alley. Where earlier security was present.

I took a deep breath and walked back to the alley right toward the whole band. Now I know they aren't Cold Play or something, but I didn't want to get yelled at.

Things you do for friendship.

As I walked up guess who had just walked back in the building. Damn. We did meet a lot of the other band members and managers, but no Chris D.

We waited it out and after ONE hour. Chris was whisked away like a prize fighter with the hoody over his head and wannabe security whooshing him to his tour bus. The Bus which we were standing right in front of.

No signature just a glance and a thank you.

We finally decided to call it a night.

Guess who came out of the bus after? Yeah we missed out. Which broke my heart because it meant so much to my friend.

Anyway, next time.

It was a freaking awesome night. Thanks J and N for the night!

6 Comments:

Blogger MJ Tam said...

Glad you had fun! He is definitely hot.

February 05, 2007 7:34 PM  
Blogger kyrie said...

woohoo! Glad you had a great time. I am also glad you weren't the "oldest groupies" haha dork. ;0)

February 06, 2007 7:07 AM  
Blogger Kirsten said...

I'm so jealous you got to see him in concert.

February 06, 2007 7:28 PM  
Blogger Tracy said...

He is so friggin' hot!! You are so lucky. I have his cd and I love each song on it!! Glad you had a good time, girl!!!

February 06, 2007 10:23 PM  
Blogger The G Family said...

This was the best night and yes, he is even hotter in person! I have never been a "groupie" but this guy has me wrapped and I am now hooked and addicted to him and his music (even more then before). Hopefully HHM will be my sidekick as we travel the states in pursuit of the next Daughtry concert Haaaa..Thanks for a wonderful night HHM, it was tons of fun!!!

February 07, 2007 4:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. That sounds like a great night.

February 09, 2007 8:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Designed by www.troll-babygraphics.com

email is fun

hhmomma

Image hosting by Photobucket

the latest

Yumm-o
Feeling Hot Hot Hot
Teeny Bopping
Tagged
5 minutes for mom
dung
Pink
hash-brownie?
Who's calling?
Vibe'n

old school

blogs that make me smile

the rings

credits

Designed by Troll Baby Graphics