January 19, 2007

Who's calling?

Today I'm on the road taking HHboy to school. Off we go. My friend Sam was going to stop by. I pick up the phone to call and let her know when to come. The screen is black. This is werid. Hmm. I reset the phone. Nope. Still black.

I drop off HHboy and my phone rings. So now we know the phone works, but I just can't see my phonebook, who's calling or much else.

I call my provider which is also the store where I purchased the phone.

Guess when my year warranty was up?

January 9. (which equals 10 days ago)

Guess who didn't purchase insurance?

Guess who isn't happy.


I went to the store and looked at new phones. Prices range anywhere from $179-$499.
Do I want to spend money on a new phone? No.

When I hemed and hawed and acted like I was going to walk out without a phone, the manger pulled out the "special discounted" phones.

I left with a $70 phone.

I'm still mad.

Signed,
Grump in Cali

4 Comments:

Blogger Jeri said...

what a racket, huh??? Still, you didn't fall for the Razr...good for you.

January 19, 2007 6:49 PM  
Blogger Fizzgig said...

They really get you with the phones and contracts! If you wait til your contract is up and say you want to cancel they usually give you a "deal" on a phone so they don't lose you as a customer. That's hard to do though when its acting up like yours is.

January 20, 2007 4:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It seems like these wireless carriers treat their new customers better than their current ones. It's the new people that get the great deals. What's up with that?

January 20, 2007 4:45 PM  
Blogger Becca said...

I know -they couldnt even work a deal. I even talk to the corp office.
I did have the razr-it broke and I didnt love it-so I got a sony erickson and it's just fine!

January 24, 2007 9:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Designed by www.troll-babygraphics.com

email is fun

hhmomma

Image hosting by Photobucket

the latest

Vibe'n
Mc Dreamy
Beard what?
Come out come out where ever you are
A day of pampering
Theme songs for 2007
Got Bocce?
the jewels
day 2
Happy 2007

old school

blogs that make me smile

the rings

credits

Designed by Troll Baby Graphics