August 08, 2006

supermom and blog food expo

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Is anyone out there? Are you going to participate in the Blogger Food Expo? I'm really excited to see what recipes (new to me) every one is serving up with good love. If your anything like me, you are constantly trying to make some variation of chicken or pasta. I always look forward to a new recipe to put in to circulation.



In the past I've been envious of friends who have *family* recipes. Recipes that have been past down from generation to generation. Especially the recipes that have some secret sauce-with a strange ingredient that you would never think of putting in the particular recipe you're preparing. Growing up my mom always cooked for us, but there was never some special recipe that she shared. Maybe I can start this tradition with my own children. Probably not with anything I'm cooking-but maybe.


I like this idea. A bit nostalgic. Defintely giving myself the nod on this idea.



When I stumbled upon the post for the Food Expo at Jen's blog, I got to thinking. Is there any dish that I cook that I just love? That anyone loves. Must think. Which means, I'm not sure which recipe I am going to pick as my favorite to post August 12. Don't get HotHouseMomma wrong, I don't have so many recipes in my reptoire. There are just a few fun recipes that I really like. That are really quite edible.


Go on over and check out Jen's blog,For the Birds for all the information you'll need to participate. On August 12, you head over and link your blog with your fabulous recipe.



While you are clicking away, you may notice the new blog on my side bar. Please welcome Self Proclaimed Supermom.


She is a self professed Google whore and loves the card game Uno. What's not to love? She also preserved her wedding dress by hanging it on the back of her son's door. This gave me a good laugh, since mine is still at my parents house. I like to keep it their so I can wear the veil around the house when I visit.



Anyway nothing like making someone feel at home, go over and click and check her out. I mean she is a super mom.

3 Comments:

Blogger Fizzgig said...

Now, this sounds fun! I'm still trying to get my tour of homes post ready!
And yes, I too make chicken...chicken...and more chicken!! My mom makes the best mashed potatos, and meatloaf. Theres nothing secret about it, and she has no recipe. Which stinks because I can never do anything she makes exactly the same because it's add milk until creamy etc...I want measurements!

August 08, 2006 6:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This sounds like a delish idea! I'm going to check it out now!

August 08, 2006 1:01 PM  
Blogger Becca said...

Oh good. I think this will be fun. Well as fun as swapping recipes can be over our blogs! Yay

August 09, 2006 8:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Designed by www.troll-babygraphics.com

email is fun

hhmomma

Image hosting by Photobucket

the latest

winner, winner, not a chicken dinner
stripper poles, die-ra and mamms
Give me a, H
we from the hills, mamma
leaping lilly pads
sometimes no words are necessary
top ten signs your pilot is drunk
cinderella
Mama says om-simple theme
if I had a nano

old school

blogs that make me smile

the rings

credits

Designed by Troll Baby Graphics