August 02, 2006

leaping lilly pads

Ask and you shall receive. Grease up the right hands and you shall derive in light like fashion. I've been anxiously awaiting to have my blog reviewed. Baited like a child in front of a candy shop. Let me provide a little back ground for non-bloggers and bloggers alike. There are two sites that review blogs. At least two sites that I know of anyway. I'm part geeky blogger, but there is a lot of blogging goodness that I won't pretend to be in the know about.



There is this site that review blogs. Which awhile back I submitted my blog for review to this site-IT2M. it's not my turn yet. They are cool and edgy and I love to read their reviews of other peoples blogs. The idea of a review of my blog, well that is a little different. Facing the harsh words that may linger in my little head at night. Between this and all the other banter (mostly drunken sailors) in my head. Could I handle their words? Nope. * Wink Wink*


Which brings me to my current post. Frog my Blog is reviewing blogs. So I submitted my money laced request and they kindly obliged.


You may be wondering why I requested a blog review. Maybe you are thinking to yourself "hothousemomma, we love it here." "why does it matter what those people think?" or "yes, please work on some things around here." or maybe you are saying "bloggers are weird and self absorbed." This may also be true. The reason- the review matters -a tiny bit to me.


When I happily left the working world of law, I never looked back. In fact I gave it the finger and skipped out the front door. I can say at this point there is no date pending that I plan to go back to work.(don't tell HHHubby)Alas at some point I will (dragging my heels and throwing up my fists) go back to some form of work. Meanwhile this blog and the layman writing keep the sea monkeys in my head happy and dancing around.



Besides my own vanity the main reason for the review request is point blankty blank- people tell me that they read here. (my little old blog) The comments suggest otherwise.(no offense to the 5 of you who lovingly leave me comments) Sometimes there is nothing planted here. Maybe you all got nothing to say. Maybe I ain't saying anything interesting. The comments are feed back and part of what I love about keeping this blog up. The comments are like daily hugs. I figure if I can get some insight from a professional blog review (what is the criteria for this title anyway?) that I could possible improve some things around my pad.



So I got my wish. Well let's not count this as one of my three wishes. If In fact I had a magic lamp.

If you are interested here is my review
from Frog my Blog.


They were kind enough to rate my blog, 3 bugs. I do believe the review of 3 bugs is great. Specially because when you have the luck of the lady bug on your side what could go wrong. They had a lot of postive things to say. Some of the negative suggestions seem like household items to me, because I have no idea how to change codes ,etc. They were good suggestions that I would never had thought of. I will take their advice and look into changing some of these mentions.


I think most cool ars bloggers start out blogging for their own reasons. My blog is like most blogs, a place to rant, rave, roam, just get it out of my system. I really enjoy writing the blog. It makes me feel great when in passing a friend that reads here tells me that they had a laugh- on a day they really needed it.


Then at some point a comment pops up and you realize that wow you have someone that is actually reading what you write. How cool is this ?

So for now I am going to keep on trucking and put everything that I love on this blog. Including the silly on line quizes and funny photos. They make me laugh and I hope they do the same for you! I love posting on the blog and comments or not, I know you are out there in blog land.

7 Comments:

Blogger Nicolette said...

I think your colors are eye-catching and "happy."

August 02, 2006 4:46 PM  
Blogger Mama Duck said...

Awww, I didn't read the review, but I like your blog just the way it is!

August 02, 2006 4:47 PM  
Blogger Jeri said...

holy crap you are one brave lady....I would never think to let someone review my blog but now that you've dived in...well, after I write a few fabulous entries I just might....I adore your blog and all your goofiness!!!

August 02, 2006 7:04 PM  
Blogger CJ said...

I used to write for a huge review site and I got into it because I enjoyed having others review MINE! It's fun! Thanks for stopping by my blog! This warm fuzzy thing has lead me to all kinds of cool blogs that I never knew about!

August 02, 2006 9:21 PM  
Blogger Fizzgig said...

I'm too chicken to ever submit anything! You're brave! I love your template, and you keep me coming back! I even linked you. I have excellent taste.

August 03, 2006 8:05 AM  
Blogger Becca said...

thank you all for the wonderful comments. They made me happy-happy!

August 03, 2006 8:55 AM  
Blogger Sudiegirl said...

I'm sorry you had trouble with it2m. I did too, and they play dirty little tricks if you stand up for yourself.

Please feel free to come visit anytime!

Sudiegirl

August 08, 2006 8:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Designed by www.troll-babygraphics.com

email is fun

hhmomma

Image hosting by Photobucket

the latest

sometimes no words are necessary
top ten signs your pilot is drunk
cinderella
Mama says om-simple theme
if I had a nano
peas and carrots
Gucci or bust
first annual blogger tour of homes
guess what HHgirl is doing?
little black dress

old school

blogs that make me smile

the rings

credits

Designed by Troll Baby Graphics