June 26, 2006

The Hood

I'm not talking about the one little red riding hood is sporting. Also, not talking about the place refereed to by others as a bad place to drive through in a convertible Volkswagen bug, with Madonna blaring. I know right now you are saying "do tell us what type of hood you are talking about HHmomma." Do tell.

My lovely college participating cousin is in town visiting from Arizona. Her, My grandma and I decided to head out for a little day of therapy. Shopping of course.

It was a beautifully sunny day so we decided to cruise in the convertible. After spending a lovely day walking around outside and enjoying a successsful trip chock full of purchases. We headed back via the freeway. Enjoying the cool breeze in our hair and listening to some fun toons. Just being yentas.

The Scene:

The 101 is like most other 4 lane freeways. Overcrowded with overpriced cars. One of which I'm happened to be driving, but irrelevant to the story. There was a big oversized diesel to the right of us and our lane was clear for at least a mile.

All of the sudden, I swear my life passed before my eyes. It was as if we were in a rain storm of car parts. I thought "this is it" "I'm going to be decapitated. Not really ready to go. I don't really feel like signing off this way. Besides I have a trip to Cabo planned. Amongst other things. Plus some people are going to be pretty pissed off at me for giving my cousin and grandma a ride.

All these positive thoughts were running through my head during the 1.5 seconds of the earth shattering rain storm that came upon us. Without warning.

We all thought that the diesel truck was dismantling. Really it was the HOOOD of another vehicle. Yes, a *hood*, not of a hotwheel either. Did I mention we were driving a convertible?

The hood flew directly in our path and we ran over one side. Cleared the hood and lastly no damage to the car.

If I had balls they would have been in my throat.

Wow.

We ran over the hood and escaped our one way ticket to somewhere holy.

Yikes.

It took awhile for someone to speak. Then we did that thing where you just try and laugh off the fact that what just happened. Happened.

Sure is fun having a convertible. All my doubts about taking HHgirl and HHboy in the convertible are surely gone now. These feelings are definitely none existent.

1 Comments:

Blogger Dolores said...

OMG; everyone was probably thinking "did that really just happen, or are we still really here"!!! how scarey......I would have been screaming....

June 26, 2006 8:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Designed by www.troll-babygraphics.com

email is fun

hhmomma

Image hosting by Photobucket

the latest

Where is this?
The Pink Diary
confessions of a true wife
Type A or B
what a difference a day makes
guilty pleasure
moi, judgmental?
channeling Lenny Kravitz
the AX
tourgasm

old school

blogs that make me smile

the rings

credits

Designed by Troll Baby Graphics