February 27, 2007

double vanity


So this post is two fold. One I want to boss you around and send you all over to
Fluff.

To read Vanity Flair and the others. We have lots of hits on the site- but a lot of people are shy about commenting. We would love to hear from you. Any old thing.

On another note. Let's talk about vanity. My vanity. Most of my life I have been unhappy with my smile. Well, my teeth to be exact. I have been playing around with the idea of getting veneers for the last year. No chicklets please. I had an appointment for a consultation and had to back out. So now it's time to reschedule or dismiss the plan.


Yesterday, I went for a teeth cleaning and my hygienist basically was trying to talk me out of veneers. See said that generally veneers are for people with really bad teeth. I.E. discoloration, chipping, problems of that sort.

She said that my teeth are nice and that with a little gum and tooth contouring I would be happy with the results. Which I am all for.

Another recommendation was to try invisalign. I am considering going for the consultation. But the consulation is $100. The thing is you have to wear the aligners about 23 hours a day. The length of months would depend on my case. Now I have never had a retainer. Though as a kid I would pretend I had one, because they seemed cool. We would make the jolly rancher candy's press up against the top of our mouths.

I never had braces.

So I won't say my teeth are f--ked up because they aren't. They just needs some love.

Anyone out there have any information they want to share?

3 Comments:

Blogger kyrie said...

i have heard great things about invisalign. A lot of my friends have used them. now i am not going to say "get braces... the rock" because they suck. and i still wear a retainer. and will have to wear one probably for the rest of my life.
my friends mom has veneers and her teeth weren't dicolorated or anything, her teeth just weren't straight and she wanted a sparkling smile. they look great on her. it really just depends on you. if you don't want to do veneers i would suggest invisalign. it gets the job done, and my friends who used them, it took about a year, year and a half to their teeth straight and looking good.
aunt jeri would know about this obviously. but you have to remember you have to do what YOU want to do. if you want Veneers, just do it... i dont think you will regret it, especially if it gives you that boost of being totally badass. you know what i'm sayin' pimp?!

February 28, 2007 9:11 AM  
Blogger Jeri said...

I think you should do the consult then you should be able to decide. Also, mention what the hygienist said, a good dentist will give you the whole picture so you can make up your mind. I had braces...I would have preferred using an Invisalign system from what I have seen. I love my veneers...get the whole scoop and then we'll discuss.

February 28, 2007 10:31 AM  
Blogger Fizzgig said...

i use to put a paperclip in my mouth to pretend i had braces. Isnt that stupid? lol. I have no advice because the mere thought of the dentist sends me off whimpering! voluntary work sounds insane to me! ack!

March 03, 2007 10:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Designed by www.troll-babygraphics.com

email is fun

hhmomma

Image hosting by Photobucket

the latest

Rainy Day Fun
It's a girl
Over the moon.....
Here and back
Books and more books
The one where he uses a flashlight to look in her ...
HOT!
Yumm-o
Feeling Hot Hot Hot
Teeny Bopping

old school

blogs that make me smile

the rings

credits

Designed by Troll Baby Graphics