April 27, 2006

walk this way



So we are all set. All systems are go. Nichol and her family and friends, along with my family we'll be participating in the Breast Cancer walk in Sacramento(may 13). I am posting here so that if anyone that reads here(my lil blog), felt compelled to donate, they would know exaclty where to go. I really have a mixed bag of emotions with this walk. While I am so happy to be part of such a big movement to work on raising money for breast cancer research. I can't help but feel conflicted about the "why."

In the past, when I thought of participating in a walk for a cure, I never thought it would be for one of my best friends. Like I told her, I would walk the world, if it means that I can fix this cancer. I guess we all would. She continues to amaze me everyday, with her love for life, and her absolute inner beauty. I look at her and think- I just don't know if I could be as strong as her.

So I walk by her side and support her through this journey. I hope that I can say the right words each day and on days when she doesn't feel so optismistic, I can bring her back to that place.

Meanwhile each day live life and do all those things we put off because we are so busy letting life pass us by.


In my mind, in what seems like a dream like state , I think of the day when we celebrate that she is cancer free. Her family and mine celebrating with balloons, and cakes stacked high with fluffy whip cream, whatever she wanted because it would be "her day" and nothing could change the happiness that we all feel on this special day.

This day will come.

Here is the information about my home page for the race. Nichol's information is on there as well.

Thank you


click here

1 Comments:

Blogger The G Family said...

Tears....thank you!!!! We will have that cake with lots of whip cream and maybe even a cake fight (wedding style) to celebrate the day I am cancer free!!! Thank you (and thanks to your family as well)for being there for me and doing this walk with me, it means so much!

April 27, 2006 12:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Designed by www.troll-babygraphics.com

email is fun

hhmomma

Image hosting by Photobucket

the latest

Check AI
transformation
you love my lady lumps
90210, or something like that
what does summer mean to you?
14 more days
reviews and antabuse
boys will be boys
caption this
lucky charms

old school

blogs that make me smile

the rings

credits

Designed by Troll Baby Graphics