April 25, 2006

transformation

if you haven't noticed, which I am sure you have- lately my posts suck. I have been out and about so I haven't had as much time to focus on my blog. So right about now you are probably saying to yourself- well that's cool I've been busy to and maybe I haven't even had time to notice that your blog sucks, because well quite frankly I haven't look at it. But now you are here.. and you know! mhhemm.I will try and make it suck less.

Now,let's get on to the fun stuff. Saturday we finally had Carol the Colorist (that sounds like a stripper name)come over to do a once over on our house. She was so cute - in she marches with her color wheels and fancy paint samples. Immediately rendering our house in her words "a little out of the times". It was definelty built in the 70's and has that vibe. I must say I love it- it has this lake Tahoe cabin feel. While we don't want to change that look, we definitely want to bring it up a notch. So after we met lets just say this- I love,love her ideas. She is great with colors. Her ideas were beyond anything I would have thought of. For our room, which is loft style, she has come up with a great color in the green family. Then we have exposed beams, which will be painted a lighter color of the green variation on the walls.
We'll also be replacing our stained glass cut outs-with sea glass. Yippee. How cool does this sound? We have work to do, though. Our first step is to hire a contactor to come out a pull of some wood trim and sheet rock for us. Hire a painter and so on and so forth.

While I admit that this will be great when it is finished, I am just not sure how it will be during the painting time. With two littles ones - this could get interesting.

We picked paint for all the rooms, with the exception of the kids because right now-we just aren't sure what we are going to do with them :-)

I will keep you posted on the transformation and will post photos before we get started.

Carol's vision was that of a New York loft style- and I like that!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Designed by www.troll-babygraphics.com

email is fun

hhmomma

Image hosting by Photobucket

the latest

you love my lady lumps
90210, or something like that
what does summer mean to you?
14 more days
reviews and antabuse
boys will be boys
caption this
lucky charms
to short
The eagle has landed..no really

old school

blogs that make me smile

the rings

credits

Designed by Troll Baby Graphics