March 16, 2006

you're beautiful......

You've got to read this story:

The "You're Beautiful" singer recently auctioned his sister out on eBay so she could get to a funeral! This plan worked so well that his sister is currently dating the beau that bid on her. This isn't right, is it?

James said: "I had a bit of an eBay addiction and I sold everything in my apartment in London and then I came in one day and my sister was crying because she couldn't get to a funeral in southern Ireland. "

"None of the planes were working, none of the trains, none of the ferries, so I saw another golden opportunity to flog something and so I put my sister up on eBay, saying, 'Damsel in distress, needs to get to Southern Ireland. What do you get out of it as a bidder? You just get to be a knight in shining armor.'

"Everyone started bidding and a guy won and he had a helicopter and he could fly her to the funeral in southern Ireland and they're now dating and they've been going out for 18 months and she's living with him. "


At first I was thinking, strange. (even though I really like his new song) Then I decided the story behind it was touching. I love that she was posted as "a damsel in distress."
Just a touch of human kindness.

2 Comments:

Blogger Becca said...

i know very nice.

March 17, 2006 4:39 PM  
Blogger BKR said...

can I start auctioning people on ebay???

March 21, 2006 9:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Designed by www.troll-babygraphics.com

email is fun

hhmomma

Image hosting by Photobucket

the latest

r.i.p. melissa mcghee
"well, butter my butt and call me a biscuit!"
lips like sugar
who's with me? who can't wait until St. Paddys day!
lesson of the day
weather pixie
headless horseman or is it a pr man
u can be part of my entourage
have i lost my cool factor
tit-anic

old school

blogs that make me smile

the rings

credits

Designed by Troll Baby Graphics