March 15, 2006

lesson of the day

Pickup in the rain one night, at 11:30 p.m., an older African American woman was standing on the side of an Alabama highway trying to endure a lashing rainstorm. Her car had broken down and she desperately needed a ride. Soaking wet, she decided to flag down the next car. A young white man stopped to help her, generally unheard of in those conflict-filled 1960s. The man took her to safety, helped her get assistance, and put her into a taxicab. She seemed to be in a big hurry, but wrote down his address and thanked him. Seven days went by and a knock came on the man's door. To his surprise, a giant console color TV was delivered to his home. A special note was attached..It read:'Thank you so much for assisting me on the H highway the other night. The rain drenched not only my clothes, but also my spirits. Then you came along. Because of you, I was able to make it to my dying husband's bedside just before he passed away... God bless you for helping me and unselfishly serving others. "Sincerely, Mrs. Nat King Cole.

3 Comments:

Blogger kyrie said...

that is amazing.

March 15, 2006 10:33 AM  
Blogger Becca said...

I love this story... these lessons are great. :)

March 15, 2006 2:06 PM  
Blogger Dolores said...

there really are nice people in this world, although we don't always stop to think about them...this is a great story!

March 15, 2006 7:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Designed by www.troll-babygraphics.com

email is fun

hhmomma

Image hosting by Photobucket

the latest

weather pixie
headless horseman or is it a pr man
u can be part of my entourage
have i lost my cool factor
tit-anic
lesson of the week
does the croc hunter have a pair?
walk the walk
random thoughts
you made bleed from your eyes

old school

blogs that make me smile

the rings

credits

Designed by Troll Baby Graphics