March 08, 2006

cross my heart and kiss my elbows

if you love Audrey Hepburn raise your well maincured hand. I do I do. The poem below, should inspire us. I will it to be our daily mantra. Meet me at Tiffanys.




Audrey Hepburn: The Fairest Lady "Time Test Beauty Tips":

For attractive lips, speak words of kindness.
For lovely eyes, seek out the good in people.
For a slim figure, share your food with the hungry.
For beautiful hair, let a child run his fingers through
it once a day.
For poise, walk with the knowledge you'll never walk
alone ...
People, even more than things, have to be restored,
renewed, revived, reclaimed
and redeemed and redeemed and redeemed.
Never throw out anybody.
Remember, if you ever need a helping hand,
you'll find one at the end of your arm.
As you grow older you will discover that you have two
hands.
One for helping yourself, the other for helping others.'
- Sam Levenson

Contrary to what some may think, Audrey did not write this beautiful poem , Sam Levenson did. Levenson wrote 'Time Tested Beauty Tips' for his grandchild, and it just so happened to be one of Audrey's favorite poems. She read it to her children on the very last Christmas Eve she spent with us here on Earth. "

2 Comments:

Blogger Dolores said...

such a lady, she was!! breakfast at tiffany's and jewelry at tiffany's hmmmm...........

March 08, 2006 12:13 AM  
Blogger kyrie said...

I have not seen any movies with her in it... so I will raise my and and just pretend! ;0)

March 08, 2006 10:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Designed by www.troll-babygraphics.com

email is fun

hhmomma

Image hosting by Photobucket

the latest

top ten signs your cat is too fat
a real life florence nightingale
i know milk does a body good
hot child in the city...
waka waka waka...
dear george:
tid bits overheard on a beach in costa rica
mommy wars
home sweet home, baby drew
welcome brandon & brecken

old school

blogs that make me smile

the rings

credits

Designed by Troll Baby Graphics